Plugin Contributions

Default Remove "Payment Method" section from "Step 2 of 4 - Payment Method" page

Hi

I only accept Paypal on my shop but the Paypal logo and tagline "Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay." seems to be confusing the the customers that are helping me to test the site before i go live.

How do i go about removing this section from "Step 2 of 4 - Payment Method" page?

and also the "Payment Method : PayPal" notification on "Step 3 of 4 - Order Confirmation" page?

Thanks
    Iddy
    Last edited by iddy; 6 Mar 2011 at 04:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "Payment Method" section from "Step 2 of 4 - Payment Method" page

You should not be removing that information.
    You can change the wording if that's confusing people. I suggest you carefully consider PayPal's terms of service before making drastic changes to the way in which PayPal is presented to your customers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "Payment Method" section from "Step 2 of 4 - Payment Method" page

ok thanks.

What file am i looking for to change the wording?

Plugin Contributions

Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.

I'm having a hard time finding stuff in the tutorials
    I know most of what i'm looking for is there but my searches are coming up blank and even more so when I'm under pressure to complete things.... and I've bought the book and can't find that either. think i'm just having one of those weekends

Plugin Contributions

I've been searching the forum and have found that its possible to switch off the paypal button on the shopping cart.

when i do this it disappears from the Login page... would i be correct in assuming that its ok to also remove the text "Have a PayPal account? Want to pay quickly with a credit card? Use the PayPal button below to use the Express Checkout option." that appears on that page as well?

(this appears when a guest puts something into the cart then tries to checkout)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, you could change the text on the login screen. Use the same tutorials mentioned above to locate the text (perhaps search on "pay quickly").

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok i'm confused now... Why is there an option to not show the paypal button if Paypal still require that Paypal is offered at the start of the checkout/login process?

I've taken a look at the Paypal site and cant find anything about being obliged to show the paypal button at the beginning of checkout process... but it makes sense and I was speed reading/skimming the site so i could have missed it.

I also read through the thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164584 and also the thread linked in it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Look at the dates of those threads.
    Simply stated: as of ZC v1.3.9h, you are allowed to turn the button off as per the provided switch in your ZC admin.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having this issue as well, it's very confusing to my customers.

It appears with a box next to the only payment method offered on some computers, and appears with nothing next to it on other computers. Folks are trying to "check the box" but it's not really a checkbox. Might be a spacer? I can't duplicate it but I've had dozens of users confused by it. I'd like to remove the entire section from this page.

Some computers: (normal)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	19108

other computers: (looks like a checkbox)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxed.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	19107

Quote Originally Posted by iddy View Post
    Hi

I only accept Paypal on my shop but the Paypal logo and tagline "Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay." seems to be confusing the the customers that are helping me to test the site before i go live.

How do i go about removing this section from "Step 2 of 4 - Payment Method" page?

and also the "Payment Method : PayPal" notification on "Step 3 of 4 - Order Confirmation" page?

Thanks
    Iddy