Plugin Contributions

Default No seller protection using PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard?

I seem to be having a problem with pay pal & seller protection. Every order that is processed, zen cart doesn't send the shipping address to pay pal so I'm not eligible for seller protection.

I have contacted pay pal technical services as I should have seller protection. They say that I need to "click "Edit" and set "Shipping Address Requirements?" to "2". "2" will force a shipping address to be specified by the buyer." This should be done in my "PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN" payment module

I have gone into the paypal module in my zen cart store & can't find that option? All my customers give me their shipping address when they order so why doesn't pay pal get it?

Basically I want to know how to make sure that when a customer places an order the shipping address goes to pay pal so I'm protected. I have had a few charge backs now for no reason & haven't been able to do a thing about it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No seller protection using PayPal IPN - Website Payments Standard?

Sounds like you're using an old version of Zen Cart that doesn't have that option available.

You should be using Express Checkout anyway. (And you should still upgrade too)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Which version upgrade is the best to upgrade to ? I am currently running the same ver as the OP. Sorry if this sounds like thread hijacking but I also have the same Paypal issue too.
    thanks
    Ste

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SteveeF View Post
    Which version upgrade is the best to upgrade to ?
    The answer to that question is always: "the latest version".

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Which is......

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Go to http://www.zen-cart.com -- the latest version download information and link are published there for quick easy access.