Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default problems from old database entries

im using the quickbooks mod by srturner and have run into a small problem. while syncing quickbooks im getting errors about products not listed in QB. the reason they arent showing up in QB is that the products causing the errors are not listed anymore and havent been for over a year. can someone help me find where they are in the DB so i can drop the entries that are causing the errors? i have a downloaded copy of my DB sql file and can see the item numbers but i dont know where to locate where the entry is in phpmyadmin.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problems from old database entries

You have posted in "General Questions" and this is for issues with default supplied ZenCart code

Any QB module is 3rd party and should have a support thread in the contributions area
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the reply! im aware that the QB mod is a third party add on but this has to do with old DB entries and really nothing to do with the QB mod. im referring to the basic zencart database. the products im referring to were once listed in the shop but arent anymore. i need to know how to find the so i can clean up the db a little.

Plugin Contributions

I am sure that you will find that these are in the added QB tables and not the stock ZenCart tables if you removed these items
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

ive only been using the QB mod for about a week. the DB entries are from over a year ago. i dont see how that would work...

Plugin Contributions

If you deleted them through the admin, that removes them from the products table and the products to categories table and any other tables as in if they had attributes

If you used some other way to delete them maybe you should add to this post what you have used
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

the listings were deleted through the admin area using the red X beside the listing name. the store at the time these products were listed was 1.3.8a. the current shop is using 1.3.9h(fresh install)l and had the DB imported given the different file setup/structure in the 2 versions. the QB mod only showed me the errors were there. otherwise i wouldnt have known about them.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you sure it's telling you about PRODUCTS in your database? Or products connected to ORDERS in your database?

Anyway, if you want to find and delete rogue entries that have somehow been orphaned or don't show properly in your uncustomized normal admin interface, then backup your database, and hack away. Be sure that if you're gonna go manually deleting records without safeties then you'll need to carefully study the many tables where related data is stored, such as this reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...a#Product_Info

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your input as well dr. byte. i dont want to go in and just hack through the DB until i find the problem. is there anyway that i could drop all cart/order info from a certain day back similar to this thread: zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118581 ?

the thread refers to abandoned carts specifically but is there an sql query that would delete old orders before a certain date?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not a fan of deleting data, especially order history ... the IRS doesn't like gaps.

I'd be more inclined to study where the problem really lies before doing something to change the data that's causing you strange messages.

Have you determined whether the error is coming from *product* data or from *order* data?
    Did you have an option to export only a certain date range of data? Or did you select the entire database? Maybe a more selective range might help narrow the problem? Esp since I doubt you'd be planning to import the entire history every time you invoke it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast