Plugin Contributions

Default Uploading the Shops CSV Files - EZ Pop

Ive had the site uploaded From Camelot, so i know ive not made any mistakes that side lol, ive changed the Sales Message and the Welcome Message , and ive even added 2 Cats, but how do i now upload my CSV Files that i have, ive been told that i need an easy Populate and thats proving a little confusing, is there an easy way to just upload all my files or do i really need an Easy populate ? and if so whats the best and simple way to do it ? all i now need is to put all my stock on, any help would be really appreciated, Ive put the link below so you can see what stage ive got to, Many Thanks,
    Arran
    http://www.psychicgiftshop.co.uk/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploading the Shops CSV Files

Yes, you really need something like Easy Populate. CSV files cannot be directly uploaded to Zen Cart; it has no way to handle them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Yes, you really need something like Easy Populate. CSV files cannot be directly uploaded to Zen Cart; it has no way to handle them.
    Thank you for your reply, now i know the way i need to go, Dont suppose you know an Idiots Guide to down loading it do you lol !! as ive tried and im getting stuck where to up load it, i can down load it but then get stuck to the next stage !!x

Plugin Contributions

I haven't used EP, but you could check the support threads or search the forum. There might be something in the tutorials or the wiki.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploading the Shops CSV Files - EZ Pop

Thanks for the reply, ive done all that believe me as i didnt want to look daft lol, ive downloaded it then copied the 3 files then uploaded them but then im stuck !! ill get it sorted, ive asked Camelot Hosting that Host Me but i got a Shocking response back, so ive had to look else where, been on youtube and nothing there !!, i got the Basic of how to do it but it leaves out the main side of HOW to Then upload it lol, i need to know once ive downloaded Easy Populate that is 1.3.9 compatible to 1.2.5.4 what do i do then ? i got told copy 3 files and then drag then, but thats the stage im stuck with, anyway thanks for the reply, but if anyone who sees this knows then please let us know ,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploading the Shops CSV Files - EZ Pop

Hello Arran,

I just wanted to go ahead and post here quick,
    I have replied to your ticket on our system,

Just a few quick points,

You asked about easy populate and Mike informed you that it was an add on module,

after a few more exchanges ( all civil on both sides ) Mike asked you to upload the csv file to the server using ftp and he would take care of it for you and asked that you not use !!! at the end ov every sentence

03/08/2011 19:48
    FTP the file to the server so I can get it from there.....and can we stop with all of the !!!!!!!!

Michael Barnes
    [email protected]
    above is his complete reply

You apparently took offense to something that was said there ( I personally dont see anything shocking ) I wont post the contents of your reply here

however I replied to you as the owner of camelot hosting and have tried my best to explain a little more about whats going on and needed to help you. Im still waiting for your reply on our ticket system

Here is my complete reply to you

03/09/2011 12:41
    Hello,

Im a little confused, what exactly do you need help with.
    Mike asked you to FTP the file up to the server so he can take a look at it, He wasnt being cryptic or rude and Im sorry you felt that he was,

and he simply asked you to please stop adding !!!! to the end of everything..... It is kind of distracting, and just like using all capitol letters it has the feeling of being rude.....

If you can upload the csv file to the server as Mike has asked he will help you from there

Tony Corbett
    Owner
    again IM sorry if you somehow found something that was said rude, I can say that it was not anyones intention

Please reply in the ticket system so that we can help you out
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting