Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping option is including item values with individual free shipping

On my site I have a product that I give free shipping using the free shipping module.

The problem is is I also have free shipping on the site for all purchases over $47.00. What's happening is the product price for the item that already gets free shipping gets rolled into the cart total that determines overall free shipping. This is not what I want as the item that gets the free shipping is shipped separately etc.

So for instance, they could order 3 t-shirts (this is my item where I don't charge shipping) and one other small item and the small item winds up getting shipped free because their whole cart total passed 47.00.

My intention is to keep my 47.00 threshold applicable only to the items that are liable for shipping.

I know there must be an obvious solution but can't find. Any one have any ideas on this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping option is including item values with individual free shipping

one way to state what I am wanting is to be able to say - "please don't include this product/category when determining the threshold for the 'all purchases over $47.00 gets free shipping"

www g o t v a p e s com

is where this is implemented...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping option is including item values with individual free shipping

This is a bit tricky ...

If you use the Modules ... Shipping ot_shipping ... for managing the Free Shipping on orders over $47.00 ...

You would need to calculate how much of the Total is from the Product(s) in the cart that cannot count towards the Free Shipping on Orders over $XX.XX ...

Then you would need to customize the code in all of the files, around 7 or so files) that use the amount based on:
    MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER

for when Free Shipping occurs ...

This is quite a few files ...

Another way to manage this is to use the Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module and customize that file to manage the calculation and when the adjusted amount is over $47.00, then show this shipping module as an Option to the other shipping modules so that the customer sees the Free Shipping Options freeoptions as well as any other shipping module and you can allow them to make the choice for Free Shipping or to ship the order in a different manner ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!