Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Overrides Cheatsheet

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I've had this as a bookmark for ages. Great tool.

Just wondering a little on the includes/modules/pages portion.

If customizing includes/modules/pages/ask_a_question, would you add header_phpask_a_question.php in the folder or header_phpresponsive_classic.php?

Trying to figure some way to recognize the template being used for that file. Of course there's the problem if the next template is "quick_run" it won't have a chance until the header_phpresponsive_classic.php is removed.

Asking for a friend.
    You'd add a file named header_php_aaq_template_detect.php (or something similar). The additional per-page header files must match header_php_something.php

Plugin Contributions

Just trying to visualize a way to catch it for loading and clone a template.

To the first, if I have two templates (a and b), and I try to run a without removing b then a will never take effect unless something set in a is not reset in b?

I'm up at the wrong hour and having weird thoughts.

Plugin Contributions

Just trying to visualize a way to catch it for loading and clone a template.

To the first, if I have two templates (a and b), and I try to run a without removing b then a will never take effect unless something set in a is not reset in b?

I'm up at the wrong hour and having weird thoughts.
    I wouldn't necessarily use a filename based "tag", if nothing else trying to search out that "key" will be difficult as filenames are not searched in a default developer's toolkit and the further importance of the filename may not be obvious without internal direction. Besides that, the file would be loaded and still need some internal switch to execute the applicable code.

An alternate option is to use an observer off of the applicable file(s), but not sure that addresses your "flag for copying" system...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'd name the file header_php_SOMETHING_RELATED_TO_ITS_PURPOSE.php
    And then inside you could check the value of $template_dir to take action based on whether/which template is active.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm back fooling with this again as I have a need to show the difference between templates on one page. Site is 1.5.7c with demos and no adds other than the latest bootstrap and a cloned version of it with an added CSS file. Those are the two I want to be able to switch back and forth between.

When I add an old Multi-Template for Users mod to allow selecton by the user, all seems to work fine BUT, the overrides in in the includes/languages/english folder do not seem to respond to the selection.

I can work on not showing classic, template_default, and responsive_classic but I am suspicious that bootstrap might not be following the overrides set by this cheatsheet.

Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

I'm back fooling with this again as I have a need to show the difference between templates on one page. Site is 1.5.7c with demos and no adds other than the latest bootstrap and a cloned version of it with an added CSS file. Those are the two I want to be able to switch back and forth between.

When I add an old Multi-Template for Users mod to allow selecton by the user, all seems to work fine BUT, the overrides in in the includes/languages/english folder do not seem to respond to the selection.

I can work on not showing classic, template_default, and responsive_classic but I am suspicious that bootstrap might not be following the overrides set by this cheatsheet.

Thoughts?
    Examples would help; please continue any discussion in the Bootstrap 4 template's support-thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123