Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Module Westpac PayWay Net?

I have finished creating an online store with Zen Cart. My client has Merchant Facility with the Australian bank Westpac.

I now require a payment module to get the users to the Westpac PayWay website to purchase via CreditCard.

I rang Westpac, but they are not helpful at all.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks
    otti

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Module Westpac PayWay Net?

Hello,

Westpac have developed a Zen Cart module for use with PayWay Net. If you have a sign-in to PayWay then you can click on "Setup Net" and then "Downloads". Download the file "PayWay_Net_Examples". In that zip there is a folder called zencart.

If you do not have a PayWay Net facility, you can request a test-only facility by emailing the helpdesk. See https://www.payway.com.au/core/ContactHelpdeskView

If you have a sign-in, but can not see "Setup Net" in the menu then your user does not have the right access or the PayWay facility has not been setup with the PayWay Net module. Sometimes the business owner has the sign-in details but does not pass them on to the web developer.

Regards,
    Bill

Disclaimer: I work on the PayWay product team.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much Bill,

I did a lot of research into that, but nobody was able to provide me with more details in relation to Zen Cart and Westpac, until your answer came along.

My client has the Merchant Facility established, but has not applied as yet for the payment gateway. Hence, I do not have the proper login.

I have contacted the helpdesk and they promised to email me a test login so I'm able top download the payment module for Zen Cart.

I will keep you posted, once I received the login and downloaded the module.

Many thnaks again
    otti

Plugin Contributions

Hi Bill,

You really saved my day. Various phone calls to Westpac have only resulted in nowhere-land. Now, thnaks to you, I have the payment gateway installed in ZenCart.

I would like to ask another question, if I may:
    I obviously was only able to install the payment gateway in ZenCart, but could not do any setups inside PayWay itself, due to the fact that my client has no approval for the payment gateway as yet (he only has the Merchant ID). At the moment I only see some text "Secure Credit Card via Westpac PayWay" on the nZen Cart checkout page. Will this be changed to a link when I have the proper setup done in PayWay?
    Also the requirements in the readme file have a SSL Webserver listed. Am I right in assuming that I do not require a SSL Cert on the shopping cart server, since we are using SSL on the PayWay website?

Agaoin, your help is very much appreciated.
    otti

Plugin Contributions

Default Require Email Confirmation to generate after Westpac PayWay Net payment is processed

Hi all,

I am currently offering Paypal and Bank Transfer as payment options in the Checkout process on my website. After payments are made, an email confirmation is generated from Zen Cart. And obviously the Payment receipt is sent also.

I have now installed Westpac Payway Net.. in order to accept Visa/Mastercard payments. The payment system works fine, however, Zen Cart is not sending the email notifications when the payment is made.

Any idea?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Require Email Confirmation to generate after Westpac PayWay Net payment is proces

Email notifications are sent when an order is successfully saved. If you're not getting the emails, then either your payment module is not successfully completing the transaction and passing control back to the Zen Cart order class to complete its saving and emailing process. That would be a problem with your payment module. Maybe contact that module's author for help? Or if there's a support thread already discussing problems with that module then that would be a good place to post about it. Or hire someone to fix it for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bwatson View Post
    Disclaimer: I work on the PayWay product team.
    Hi Bill,

I was wondering whether you could assist me.

I currently have PayWay net linked to my site and the payments are coming through successfully. My problem is that Zen Cart is not sending their Email Confirmations after the payment has been successful.
    The Westpac Receipt is sent, but the actual email from Zen Cart is not generated.

Can you assist me with this issue in any way?

Thanks
    Ellie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Require Email Confirmation to generate after Westpac PayWay Net payment is proces

You might need to check if PayWay is passing back the payment notification to your website correctly. PayWay can provide a server-to-server notification message to let Zen cart know that the payment has been completed.

Normally, you would instruct PayWay to send back to a particular URL in the "Setup Net" wizard which is available when you sign in to PayWay. You can also have your shopping cart pass this value over (as part of a secure token request). The parameter name is: reply_link_url.

You can also setup PayWay to send the email confirmation directly to you in the same wizard, but this would mean the order status might not be updated correctly in Zen cart.

Also, check the readme you got with the Zen cart payment module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ottishop View Post
    Hi Bill,

Am I right in assuming that I do not require a SSL Cert on the shopping cart server, since we are using SSL on the PayWay website?
    You need to look at the shopping public and there experience
    with online purchases. When it comes to entering anything like there details or payment details you need to have an SSL Cert, Many shoppers know not to deal with sites that do not have the padlock
    Spend the $100 bucks for their peace of mind and the sale

Plugin Contributions

I have been using PayWay Net for a few months now but regret that I did not go with the PayWay API solution.

Unfortunately, the provided payment module works in a way that leads to a very poor user experience.

When the user clicks the 'confirm order' button, the order is created, and the user is redirected to the payway website. Because the order is now created, if the user cancels payment - or the payment is declined, the cart contents are emptied and the user can not attempt another payment - and you are left with an order that has not been paid for.

It seems like the solution would be to change the behaviour so as the order is created until payment is confirmed. There are issues here as well, as PayWay Net requires a customer reference, which is the order id. This order id is also used to as the key when the server to server notification updates the order status on successful payment.

To provide better integration with zen cart, and good user experience the module needs to work in a way where the order is not created until payment is accepted. It also needs to ensure that the additional order processing functions (like email notifications) are called correctly.

I am working on trying to alter this behaviour, but so far am not having any luck. It is also difficult to test because you cant use your production account and a test account at the same time.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast