Thread: wishlists 0.6

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default wishlists 0.6

This mod hadn't been touched by an awful long time so this was a nice opportunity for me to fix most of the bugs that have been noted in the past by the forum members and revamp the current 0.5 version into a "smoother" 0.6 version...

There are no new features released in this version, so the add-on is still demanding the transfer of attributes to the wishlist which would take the module to the next level when integrated.
    Untill that is implemented, there are now admin controllable options to disable the multiple add option so customers are forced to go to the products page first and select the proper attributes before they can add the product to their cart.

Lets look at the list of changes so you can get a grasp of what i am talking about:

• moved template files to correct directory to avoid errors like google_analytics includes or other template related issues
    • renamed tpl_product_info_display.php to EXAMPLEtpl_product_info_display.EXAMPLE to avoid overwrite core file
    • added example page for showing wishlist in header.php
    • fixed price from: not shown when not applicable
    • default images on extended list view are shown in small format of store
    • Added DB_PREFIX to database table definitions (AGAIN v0.41!)
    • renamed filenames so pages wont appaer as un_wishlist.php and so on in the URL bar.
    • added items todo for next version in readme
    • changed hard coded text in several files to defines in language files, now ready for multiple languages!
    • added option to change default listname in admin
    • implemented option to switch module on/off in admin
    • implemented more options in admin to control features in the wish list
    • added unistall.sql to easily undo changes in the database
    • added back button to several pages for better navigation
    • added option to stay on product page when product is added (instead of showing the list)
    • changed max products for extended/compact views into admin config options
    • sidebox title is now optional link to the wish list page
    • wishlist default the view to the "compact" or "extended" from admin.
    • sold out products or call for price are now showing correct button in wish list (extended view)
    • added admin control to disable the option to add multiple products at once in compact view. (to avoid problems with atributes)
    • fixed bug that would direct to search form when clicking on 2nd page link of friends list.

There is a dark side to the big turnaround, if you are allready using a previous version of this module, all of the previous files will have to be removed from your store as the naming conventions didn't make sense to me and i have chosen to name most of them wishlist_ instead of un_. You only will have to do this once as i son't anticipate that these filenames will ever be changed again, making possible future version as simple as overwriting existing files...
    Just take a good note of the uninstall instructions in the readme, delete the files listed in there and you should be good to go. If you have modified the css and button, and/or language files, be sure to keep them and rename yours to the new naming convention used. Do check language files as there are some added defines that will be needed to run the module as expected.

I am currently uploading version 0.6 to the download section of this forum, once it is approved it should appear and you can download it from there.

If you can't wait, send me a PM i will give you a link for an alternative download.

enjoy!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: wishlists 0.6

the database problem
    This post is for the people that have allready installed an older version and are having (or had) trouble with the database tables used in this module.

Basicly the original module did not anticipate for the DB_PREFIX to be used and this has created the problem, according to the changelog this was fixed in v0.41 but apparently reintroduced in v0.5.

Depending on whatever post you have read on this forum you may have gone 2 ways: add the DB_PREFIX var to your define_tables file, or you may have removed the prefix from your actual tables by doing some hard work in your phpadmin.

depending on what you want you may go 2 ways:

• accept to start over with empty tables and let your customers create wishlists from scratch
    • copy the data from the old tables to the new <correcly named> tables

First you need to see if you are using new tables or correct ones: Go in admin-->extras-->wishlists and see if it lists any.
    If the page is empty you will know you need to make the decision outlined above.

copy data from old to new tables
    You will need to work in phpadmin for this as running this via the sql patch tool is simply not possible.
    Login to phpmyadmin and select your database, now check the table names on the left side, you will see 4 tables related to the wishlist module:

whatever your dbprefix is, that will need to be used in the statements that you need to execute, for this example i will assume your prefix is zen_

so you have four tables related to the wishlist:
    un_wishlists
    un_products_to_wishlists
    zen_un_wishlists
    zen_un_products_to_wishlists

to copy the info from the old tables into the correct new ones execute this code for the above example:
    Code:
    ---insert data into <correct tables>
    insert into zen_un_wishlists select * from un_wishlists;
    insert into zen_un_products_to_wishlists select * from un_products_to_wishlists;
    thats it. verify your customer data has been transferred succesful and you are good to go.
    You may optionally delete the incorrect tables with the drop statement if you like to have a clean house.

Plugin Contributions

I tried it in my test store and the database transfer of info did no good, the items still won't show---but sometimes the test store is stubborn...lol

I did install it in my live store -- see link in signature -- and it is working wonderfully complete with link in navigation menu. Note: I did have to adjust it because the name would not show right...no big deal.

The actual button is able to be moved to the location you want...I put mine up further vs down at the bottom.

Other than the nut in the chair everything went through marvelously. I did have to transfer the data from the old tables to the new but that was easy, then everything showed in the admin section in both places...under configuration and extras.

The different settings are great. Thanks for the update and this wonderful mod and if I was with income I would donate to you for your efforts.

Plugin Contributions

How does one go about making the sort order drop box a bit wider so all the wording shows?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    How does one go about making the sort order drop box a bit wider so all the wording shows?
    Go into /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/wishlist_defines.php and change the value from "Products Name" to "Name"

PHP Code:
    define('UN_TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS''Name'); 

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nagelkruid View Post
    Go into /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/wishlist_defines.php and change the value from "Products Name" to "Name"

PHP Code:
    define('UN_TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS''Name'); 
    Oh my goodness, need I tell you how many things I have custom named for one reason or another...totally did not even think of it this time. Got cross eyed trying css and looking for "form" info eveywhere.

thanks will do that now.

Plugin Contributions

Just found annoying problem with the button code in two template files that will disable the add to cart function from the list.
    version 0.7 will fix this, available from the downloads section or get it from here while it is waiting for approval in the next week.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nagelkruid View Post
    Just found annoying problem with the button code in two template files that will disable the add to cart function from the list.
    version 0.7 will fix this, available from the downloads section or get it from here while it is waiting for approval in the next week.

just to make sure...cause lord knows i get things backwards at times, this is what I did

removed all .06 files
    uploaded .07 files
    fixed the css file to match my store colors

now since the sql is already in place--was I supposed to run it? I did not

now for the question....click on add to cart button while in wishlist --- it is supposed to add it to the shopping cart, even if empty??

mine takes me to product page not add to shopping cart

did I forget a step?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    just to make sure...cause lord knows i get things backwards at times, this is what I did

removed all .06 files
    uploaded .07 files
    fixed the css file to match my store colors

now since the sql is already in place--was I supposed to run it? I did not

now for the question....click on add to cart button while in wishlist --- it is supposed to add it to the shopping cart, even if empty??

mine takes me to product page not add to shopping cart

did I forget a step?
    Hello DarkAngel,

No need to run the sql, there were no changes in there, only changes were in a few template files and a languange define addition, so you should be just fine.

What happens when you use the add to cart depends on a few things including your store settings regarding what to do when placing the product in the cart (go to cart or stay on product page). There is also the factor of the attributes: if your products has attributes the add to cart button will take you to the product page. this is currently what we want as product attributes are not saved in the wishlist. Even if these attributes are not mandatory, if there is any attribute option, you will end up on the product page, only if there are no attributes used, again...depending on your store settings... you will end up adding the product to the cart instantly and receive either a message succes in the top header bar or you will be taken to the cart where you will see the product is added.

Hope that helps
    thanks,
    jeroen

Plugin Contributions

ahhhha, then it is doing its thing right. yippeee! now to hunt the page to add that little tidbit to the page for there will be "that someone" which will let me know it is not working right...lol

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast