Thread: wishlists 0.6

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: wishlists 0.6

Just installed this module few days ago. It works great ! Thank you for this contribution!

There are a few kinks that needed to be worked out. Finally resolved them and here are my solutions in case someone finds this useful.

1. Problem #1:
    if not logged in, adding an item to wishlist sends you to shopping cart after logging in. There was a solution to ask people to login first, but i did not like that. I found this code to work perfectly well instead:

PHP Code:
    <!--bof Wishlist button -->
    <?php
    if (UN_MODULE_WISHLISTS_ENABLED) {
    echo 
    '<a href="' zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLIST'products_id=' . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . '&action=wishlist_add_product''NONSSL') . '">' .  zen_image_button(UN_BUTTON_IMAGE_WISHLIST_ADDUN_BUTTON_WISHLIST_ADD_ALT'name="wishlist" value="yes"') . '</a>';
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Wishlist button -->
    2. wishlist default template has 'SSL' hard coded which may result in switching to SSL when it's not needed.
    Solution is to find and replace every instance of 'SSL' by $request_type in tpl_wishlist_default.php file .

3. two calls to zen_href_link function in wishlist default template have a bug in them, which results in "Security Warning" in certain situations.

in file tpl_wishlist_default.php need to replace the following lines:

PHP Code:
            <?php echo zen_draw_form('wishlist'zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTzen_get_all_get_params(array('action'), 'SSL') . 'action=un_update_wishlist')); ?>
    by

PHP Code:
            <?php echo zen_draw_form('wishlist'zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTzen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=un_update_wishlist'$request_type)); ?>

and

PHP Code:
    echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity'zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLIST,  zen_get_all_get_params(array('action'), 'SSL') . 'action=add_product')); 
    by

PHP Code:
            echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity'zen_href_link(UN_FILENAME_WISHLISTzen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'$request_type)); 

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhat View Post
    There are a few kinks that needed to be worked out. Finally resolved them and here are my solutions in case someone finds this useful.
    excellent input, thanks a lot for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    what version of zencart are you using and which version of wishlist?
    As I wrote in my first post, I have just recently downloaded all the software so I would assume it is the latest versions?

Anyhow these are the versions

Zen cartgv1.3.9h

Wishlist 0.9

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    As I wrote in my first post, I have just recently downloaded all the software so I would assume it is the latest versions?

Anyhow these are the versions

Zen cartgv1.3.9h

Wishlist 0.9
    that is what I thought but I have learned never to take it for granted and ask anyway.

that was supposed to be fixed with that version. I use 1.6

let me look at my notes and see what I find, hang in there

Plugin Contributions

@Sent

I looked and my files are gone that I had my notes on---might have been on hard drive that died...lol

but going thru the posts I found :

from nagelkruid:
    You may not have uploaded all files or some of the files are not uploaded correctly or are in the wrong place.

Specifically, you will need to check the file in includes/extra_cart_actions which should pick up the action from this button

and

delia's post here---> http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=50

those might help some, I also found that the sidebox does not work with .09 too plus the code needs to be within the form on the product page

Plugin Contributions

Install / config issue
    Hi All,
    I need some help with the Wishlist 0.9 module. I have Zen cart v1.3.9h installed with a custom template.
    I followed all the instruction and got the following working;
    1) On the products page. I get the User not logged in message therefore user asked to log in to save to wish list. I login with a test user account.
    2) After I log in and I then get a add to my wishlist icon and I click on it and I get the wish list page. where I can see all wish list stuff. So far so good...
    3) I click on the home page and continue to shop.
    4) How ever I cannot find a way go to go back to the wish list page unless I select another product and add that to the wishlist.
    5) I looked in my 'View Accounts' page and there is no reference to my wish list.
    6) I could not find the wishlist page reference in the site map.

I am not sure what I missed with the install but could someone point to me where I can can go to

a) have the wish list displayed in the side boxed or central section?
    b) the wish list displayed in the 'view Accounts' page?
    c) Have the wishlist displayed in the site map details?

I am not a programmer and new to Zen cart any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Vinny

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyna View Post
    Install / config issue
    Hi All,
    I need some help with the Wishlist 0.9 module. I have Zen cart v1.3.9h installed with a custom template.
    I followed all the instruction and got the following working;
    1) On the products page. I get the User not logged in message therefore user asked to log in to save to wish list. I login with a test user account.
    2) After I log in and I then get a add to my wishlist icon and I click on it and I get the wish list page. where I can see all wish list stuff. So far so good...
    3) I click on the home page and continue to shop.
    4) How ever I cannot find a way go to go back to the wish list page unless I select another product and add that to the wishlist.
    5) I looked in my 'View Accounts' page and there is no reference to my wish list.
    6) I could not find the wishlist page reference in the site map.

I am not sure what I missed with the install but could someone point to me where I can can go to

a) have the wish list displayed in the side boxed or central section?
    b) the wish list displayed in the 'view Accounts' page?
    c) Have the wishlist displayed in the site map details?

I am not a programmer and new to Zen cart any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
    Vinny
    I still use a previous version and never noticed the thing won't show in account info but in the read me it tells you where to place a link in the navigation menu

Mine also is custom...not purchase type of custom either...lol

I placed this as the link:
    Code:
    http://fantasiesrealm.com/market/index.php?main_page=wishlist
    it shows all the time so if it does not appear in my account they can still access it.

You can place a link at the top of your store...in the define_main file or in the side box where other links are or as an ezpage too.

but the code is in the readme...not near it right now.

I have mine as:
    Code:
    <a href=http://fantasiesrealm.com/market/index.php?main_page=wishlist>View Wishlist</a>
    this is the way I added it and it will send them to log in if not already logged in, then it should auto send them to the wishlist after they log in.

not sure but if you mean put the wsishlist itself into a sidebox...at one time that did not behave, especially if you have attributed items.

click the link below to see how I did mine

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dark Angel

I edited the file
    /includes/templates/my_template/templates/tpl_account_default.php

added the below

<a href="/index.php?main_page=wishlist"> <b> My Wish list</b></a>

after these lines

<?php
    }
    ?>
    </table>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <div id="accountLinksWrapper" class="back">
    <h2><?php echo MY_ACCOUNT_TITLE; ?></h2>
    <ul id="myAccountGen" class="list">
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_BOOK . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD . '</a>'; ?></li>
    </ul>

Looks good to me now.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyna View Post
    Thanks Dark Angel

I edited the file
    /includes/templates/my_template/templates/tpl_account_default.php

added the below

<a href="/index.php?main_page=wishlist"> <b> My Wish list</b></a>

after these lines

<?php
    }
    ?>
    </table>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <div id="accountLinksWrapper" class="back">
    <h2><?php echo MY_ACCOUNT_TITLE; ?></h2>
    <ul id="myAccountGen" class="list">
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_BOOK . '</a>'; ?></li>
    <li><?php echo ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD . '</a>'; ?></li>
    </ul>

Looks good to me now.
    Thanks
    yay you, it all depends on where you want it to show and what template you have at times

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting the following when I try to upload and run
    wishlist.sql

1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO un_wishlists VALUES (1, 0, now(), now(), 'donotuse', 'donotuse', 0, 0);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Any suggestions?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast