Thread: wishlists 0.6

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: wishlists 0.6

Quote Originally Posted by simpledomaining View Post
    hello i am making a store for my client and we are using zen-cart 1.3.9h. i have installed wishlist 09. wishlist sidebox appeares when i am on a single product page (not right under or over product, just in sidebox on a left), and when i click on it to add that product to wishlist nothing happens. i can go to the user account to check what i have in my wishlist and its empty, 0 items in it. can you please direct me how to fix this? thanks.
    Sorry i missed you post, i was enjoying some time off.
    The sidebox can not be used to add products in version 09. This is because to support attributes the wishlist will need more parameters than just the product id to work correctly.

You will need to place the add to wishlist button onto the product page as described in the readme.

Plugin Contributions

I'm upgrading from .05 and came across a few observations/questions in the instructions.

1) includes\modules\pages\... 6 folders that start with un_wishlist - delete all 6 including their contents
    In the root of the pages folder are some .un_wishlist files. There is no mention of deleting them. Do I?

2) includes\templates\template_default\sideboxes\tpl_un_wishlist.php
    you should check your???? and check if the folders starting with un_wishlist are there, if so, remove. remove files in admin if they exist:
    Check your what?
    3) I think <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlist.php
    <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlists.php
    Should be:
    <admin>\includes\languages\english\un_wishlist.php
    <admin>\includes\languages\english\un_wishlists.php

Running the wishlist.sql from Zen's tool, I got this error:
    1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_un_wishlists VALUES (1, 0, now(),now(),'donotuse','donotuse',0,0);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I wish I knew how to code, I'd love to be able to help on this project. I'm in amazement that this is as close as you get to a gift registry with Zen.

thanks
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jar3300 View Post
    I'm upgrading from .05 and came across a few observations/questions in the instructions.

1) includes\modules\pages\... 6 folders that start with un_wishlist - delete all 6 including their contents
    In the root of the pages folder are some .un_wishlist files. There is no mention of deleting them. Do I?

2) includes\templates\template_default\sideboxes\tpl_un_wishlist.php
    you should check your???? and check if the folders starting with un_wishlist are there, if so, remove. remove files in admin if they exist:
    Check your what?
    3) I think <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlist.php
    <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlists.php
    Should be:
    <admin>\includes\languages\english\un_wishlist.php
    <admin>\includes\languages\english\un_wishlists.php

in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_un_wishlists VALUES (1, 0, now(),now(),'donotuse','donotuse',0,0);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I wish I knew how to code, I'd love to be able to help on this project. I'm in amazement that this is as close as you get to a gift registry with Zen.

thanks
    Jim

yes you need to remove ALL old wishlish files throughout the store folders

then you need to run the uninstall sql for that older version before you upload and run the new sql

Plugin Contributions

@ jar3300

this is in the read me folder:

INSTALLATION

!!!!!BACKUP YOUR STORE BEFORE YOU BEGIN!!!!!
    There are THREE folders in the fileset

• readme (you allready found it, good)
    • admin
    • includes

Note: If you have a version 0.5 or older, you will need to delete the files that were installed with this version
    Do not start the installation if such an older installation exists. Look at the uninstall instructions below if this applies to your situation.

Basic Installation Instructions
    1. -----[ 1. Create tables ]----- Run 'wishlist.sql' in the Install SQL patches in the Zen Cart admin. Important: If you use a database table prefix (see file "includes/configure.php", line 52), and you want to install the tables directly via phpadmin then ammend the statements as they should be. Running the install file via the zen cart sql patches tool within zen-cart works fine without amendments and is preferred.
    2. -----[ 2. Upload ]----- Rename the "admin" folder to the name of your admin folder. Rename the "includes/templates/YOUR_ZEN_TEMPLATE" folder to the name of your template. Upload the files found in the "includes" directory of this distribution to their corresponding location of your ZenCart implementation. The same for the files in the renamed admin folder
    3. -----[ 3. Insert button on product page ]----- In the includes\templates\YOUR_ZEN_TEMPLATE\templates you will find an example file which includes an example of how you could integrate a button on your products page. You need to ammend your original tpl_product_info_display.php. Put the code whereever you would like the wish button to appear but be aware it need to be within the form cart_quantity to include attributes. (also see HINTS to find out how you can add a link in your header toolbar)
    4. -----[ 4. Activate sidebox (optional) ]----- If you would like the sidebox, then... Login to the ZenCart admin. Select "Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller". Select "sideboxes/wishlist.php" in the box list. Turn "Column Status" ON. Save changes. Important! the sidebox does NOT include support for attributes. from this version onwards i would discourage use of this sidebox the sidebox may return with improved code but at this time i would recommend only using a link in your product page
    5. -----[ 5. side specific css/formats (optional) ]----- you will want to match the add to wish list button to match your site edit includes\templates\YOUR_ZEN_TEMPLATE\buttons\english (or your language folder) to match in a button that is used on your site also look at includes\templates\YOUR_ZEN_TEMPLATE\css\style_un_classic.css if you don't like the layouts in this contribution edit to match your site's layout

Upgrading from previous versions of Wishlist
    1. There is no upgrade path if you are using version 0.5 or older
    2. You will need to uninstall the older distribution before you can install version 0.6
    3. However: you will not loose the existing data about the wishlists which are stored in the database. After deinstalling/installing v0.6 all wishlist will be available again to your customers
    4. version 0.9 adds an extra column to the wishlist products table, this column will be empty for existing wishlists.

Uninstall instructions If you have installed wishlist version 0.5 or earlier you will need to remove the files listed below

• remove files and folders in includes if they exist:
    • includes\functions\extra_functions\un_general.php
    • includes\functions\extra_functions\un_html_output.php
    • includes\extra_datafiles\un_database_tables.php
    • includes\extra_datafiles\un_wishlist_filenames.php
    • includes\extra_cart_actions\un_wishlist.php
    • includes\classes\un_productlist.class.php
    • includes\classes\un_wishlist.class.php
    • includes\languages\english\extra_definitions\un_defines.php <-- do this for each language folder if it exists but keep the files (they can be renamed/reused)
    • includes\languages\english\... 6 files that start with un_wishlist <-- do this for each language folder if it exists but keep the files (they can be renamed/reused)
    • includes\modules\sideboxes\un_wishlist.php
    • includes\modules\pages\... 6 folders that start with un_wishlist - delete all 6 including their contents
    • includes\templates\template_default\... 6 folders that start with un_wishlist - delete all 6 including their contents
    • includes\templates\template_default\sideboxes\tpl_un_wishlist.php you should check your and check if the folders starting with un_wishlist are there, if so, remove. remove files in admin if they exist:
    • <admin>\includes\functions\extra_functions\un_general.php
    • <admin>\includes\boxes\extra_boxes\un_wishlist_extras_dhtml.php
    • <admin>\includes\extra_datafiles\un_database_tables.php
    • <admin>\includes\extra_datafiles\un_wishlist_filenames.php
    • <admin>\includes\classes\un_productlist.class.php
    • <admin>\includes\classes\un_wishlist.class.php
    • <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlist.php
    • <admin>\includes\languages\un_wishlists.php
    • <admin>\includes\languages\extra_definitions\un_wishlist.php
    • <admin>\un_wishlist.php
    • <admin>\un_wishlists.php

• Only use the unistall.sql if you are using version 0.6. You will need to manually unescape the tables for the user data if you want to drop these, but this is not recommended or needed in any case.
    • if you have an error in the sidebox controller about sidebox does not exist run this query in your sql patch tool: delete from layout_boxes where layout_box_name = 'un_wishlist.php';
    • for versions 0.6 to 0.8 you may want to only add the column for attributes support, you may choose to only use the alter table command listed in the sql install file

sorry I totally forgot to expand my previous answer to you

Plugin Contributions

Greetings from Canada!
    Sorry to bother... I've been trying to find the downloading section to tryout the addon, but couldn't find it...
    Could you please post the link in here?
    thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by capilatus View Post
    Greetings from Canada!
    Sorry to bother... I've been trying to find the downloading section to tryout the addon, but couldn't find it...
    Could you please post the link in here?
    thank you in advance!
    Hello Canada from Kansas...lol

I think this is it, although I have v6 installed I have not gotten around to updating to v9 cause I really am not sure if the update is what I need for it to function but I am sure you will like the mod

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1569

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jar3300 View Post
    in:

thanks
    Jim
    This is totally normal and can be ignored if you allready have existing wishlist install.
    However, you may need to run the alter table command that is commented out in the sql install file to add a column to the existing table if you are installing version 0.9

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Hello Canada from Kansas...lol

I think this is it, although I have v6 installed I have not gotten around to updating to v9 cause I really am not sure if the update is what I need for it to function but I am sure you will like the mod

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1569
    thank you kindly mate!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nagelkruid View Post
    This is totally normal and can be ignored if you allready have existing wishlist install.
    However, you may need to run the alter table command that is commented out in the sql install file to add a column to the existing table if you are installing version 0.9
    Well, I ran the uninstall for .5 and deleted all related files. Ran the install.sql for .9 and to my surprise the store was gone. I could still access the admin. I've removed everything and made another back up. I deleted all the tables .5 and .6 and I'm going to try again. Crossing my fingers.
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

I reinstalled and it seems to work fine. However, I did lose all of the lists I had. I backed the 2 unwishlist tables prior to this. Can I import them and get the lists back? I tried the un_wishlists and got this error.
    -- -- Dumping data for table `zen_un_wishlists` -- INSERT INTO `zen_un_wishlists` (`id`, `customers_id`, `created`, `modified`, `name`, `comment`, `default_status`, `public_status`) VALUES (1, 909, '2011-03-10 18:25:38', '2011-03-10 18:25:38', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (2, 910, '2011-03-11 01:41:34', '2011-03-11 01:41:34', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (3, 821, '2011-03-11 07:49:15', '2011-03-11 07:49:15', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (4, 911, '2011-03-11 15:00:15', '2011-03-11 15:00:15', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (5, 912, '2011-03-14 01:00:21', '2011-03-14 01:00:21', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (6, 913, '2011-03-14 16:04:20', '2011-03-14 16:04:20', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (7, 914, '2011-03-19 11:55:12', '2011-03-19 11:55:12', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (8, 918, '2011-03-26 14:22:20', '2011-03-26 14:22:20', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (9, 919, '2011-03-26 21:49:04', '2011-03-26 21:49:04', 'My Wish List', '', 1, 1), (11, 937, '2011-04-26 13:25:49', '2011-04-26 13:25:49', 'My Wish List'[...]
    Thanks
    Jim

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast