Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fresh install: Cannot login to store or admin area

Hi all -- I searched the forums, the wiki, the FAQs and followed links that initially looked promising, but to no avail.

I just downloaded and installed v1.3.9h. All went well up to the final install page where it gave me the options of going to the store or going to the admin area. I selected admin area, which produced an error message. I failed to take note of the text of that message and clicked the back button to try again, but of course that just produced another error message. I'm not even sure how to get to the admin area. Is it just by logging into the store? I don't see a different URL for the admin area.

On a side note, I had attempted an install last night and got to the point where it asked for an SSL. After checking and finding out I did not have one I had to order one from my hosting company, who installed it just this morning. I then redid the install.

In any case, I then went to the Store, which loaded fine, but it will not let me log in. When I attempt to log in, it tells me "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or cookies have been disabled." I have checked this ten times; cookies are enabled; I even placed the store in the allowed list; I cleared the cache; nothing is working for me. Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh install: Cannot login to store or admin area

I just downloaded and installed v1.3.9h
    1.3.9h requires that you rename the /admin directory AND edit the admin configure.php file to reflect this rename

It will not allow you to retain the directory "admin" name for security reasons
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response, kobra. I renamed the /admin folder and I searched the configuration.php file in that folder, but I could find no reference to the old admin folder there. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I found this and changed the entries accordingly (the configure.php file is in the /includes folder). And I attempted to access the admin site with the new URL. I continue to receive an error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at safetybuiltin.com Port 443

Plugin Contributions

Did you change all three instances of the admin folder name in admin/includes/configure.php ?

Plugin Contributions

the configure.php file is in the /includes folder)
    You need to correct the configure.php file that is in your
    your_renamed_admin/includes/ folder
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    You need to correct the configure.php file that is in your
    your_renamed_admin/includes/ folder
    That is the folder I meant, and this has been done.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Did you change all three instances of the admin folder name in admin/includes/configure.php ?
    Yes, but when i rechecked it just now they were unchanged. Tried changing them again, saved file, and they remained unchanged. I then checked permissions on that file and it was set to 444 (I think this was the final installation instruction in the doc). So I changed it to 777, changed the file and saved, then changed permission back to 444.

I was hoping that would solve the problem, but it hasn't. Still getting the same error message.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the assumption I'm making. If all files and folders reside in a folder called /store on my public_html folder, and the name of my admin folder has been changed to a1d2m3i4n5, then I access the store using https://www.mydomain.com/store and the admin page using https://www.mydomain.com/store/a1d2m3i4n5 correct? Just checking this to avoid any obvious error on my part.

The store is accessible by me (outside of the ability to login due to an apparent "cookies" issue), but I cannot access the admin page (I get the error referenced above).

Plugin Contributions

Should I just try to reinstall it? Do I need to delete the current files first?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast