Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple SEO URL, Ultimate SEO URLs, Ceon URI Mapping SEO

i haven't installed CEON mod before cause i don't think it could generate url automatically.
    The free version available for download does not generate the urls automatically.
    There is a (recommended, paid) add-on Mapping Manager available from CEON which does generate the URLs automatically when used in conjunction with the original URI Mapping code (albeit with some minor code changes).
    Last edited by torvista; 30 Apr 2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi there!

I know that this is a great module and very helpful with people who are using zc so I've upgraded the code so that it can work well with zc 1.5. I had submitted to zen cart plugin and waiting for approve. If you want, you can download it here

http://zucando.com/zen-cart-modules/...imple-seo-urls
    Our Site: http://zucando.com
    Marketing Plugins: Marketing Modules
    Free Response Templates: Responsive Templates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pizza392 View Post
    do you think mysql performance issues would occur by ceon mod if the store has too many products?
    I'm using Ceon URI mapping with 11,000 products and I don't see it having any effect.

Name:  pingdom.png
Views: 237
Size:  11.7 KB

One thing I like is being able to import (by sql) alternate URLs from my old store in cases where URLs changed between the old and new stores

Some things that could be improved - having to modify it to use file extensions like .html and to have a trailing slash if there is no extension - which in my case is necessary to match old URLs -- and the store root folder name is hard-coded in every url - which complicates having testing and staging installs in different folder locations - which I shall modify to use the configured folder path from config.php

I don't think it has any auto-url-generation except when new products/categories are added after the mod is installed, any pre-existing pages have to be uri mapped independently by updating the DB

I haven't tried any of the other seo plugins

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SignTorch View Post
    I'm using Ceon URI mapping with 11,000 products and I don't see it having any effect.

Name:  pingdom.png
Views: 237
Size:  11.7 KB

One thing I like is being able to import (by sql) alternate URLs from my old store in cases where URLs changed between the old and new stores

Some things that could be improved - having to modify it to use file extensions like .html and to have a trailing slash if there is no extension - which in my case is necessary to match old URLs -- and the store root folder name is hard-coded in every url - which complicates having testing and staging installs in different folder locations - which I shall modify to use the configured folder path from config.php

I don't think it has any auto-url-generation except when new products/categories are added after the mod is installed, any pre-existing pages have to be uri mapped independently by updating the DB

I haven't tried any of the other seo plugins
    Out-of-the-box, no, CEON UrI does not have it's own auto-generating utility for old URIs to be mapped into the new location. There are one or more add-ons available, but not on this site to do so.

As for trailing slashes on a directory, CEON historically doesn't need a trailing slash and could work with a redirect having or not having the trailing slash.
    File extensions are pretty much a thing of the past regarding standard web pages. As for sub-directories included in the uri, the "ideal" setup places ZC in the root directory, no sub-folder business, but sometimes that's not the case. As for testing, and continued use of it, the use of sub-domains can make the concern go away. As long as the folder exists and contains the same directory structure, the store uri can be whatever.

As for overall, the USU thread has shown that individualized support is present, the other two seem to be supported mostly by the community, not by those more responsible to the continued modification of the software.

As to the rate comparison above, would mean more if that same site was tested with an alternate means of uri rewriting or perhaps none at all?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12