Plugin Contributions

Default Pick and Choose Several Items for One Price

I have been looking, possibly not searching using right terms, but am not finding answers yet. How would I set up a category or product (not sure which it would be) where people could pick and choose X number of items out of a list for X price.

For example, 24+ cassette titles, and the store would have a product or offering where the customers can view the titles, visit the cassette web page for more details/lyrics, and then pick any 3 cassettes for $10. They should be able to pick any 3 from the complete set for the single price.

How would I accomplish this? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pick and Choose Several Items for One Price

Still hoping to solve, and searching through the forums, but not having much luck yet and possibly do not know how to word my question in the searches I'm doing, and would appreciate any advice or links, thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I have been looking in the Media/Music Collection and have added a product and am adding a cassette collection and linking all the cassettes back to that product hoping to accomplish something like what is needed. Not sure if this is the right direction to go in, but if anyone has any info on best use for the extras/media functionality and any examples of what it might be used for, it would be appreciated, thank you very much. I'm going through the tutorials and following the steps but I'm hoping for more insight or practical applications/use, as it hasn't 'clicked' in yet. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Haven't had a chance to work on this since posting, but am back to it now, and hoping for guidance on how to set this up, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default SQL Syntax Error 1064

I am getting SQL Syntax Error 1064, I ended up setting up attributes/values, where name 1 was Select Cassette 1, then Select Cassette 2, etc. For the attribute values I entered the 30 cassette titles. Then went to the name manager to the bottom where it says you are able to copy option values from one name to another. That is where I started getting SQL syntax errors. The cassette titles have comma's, apostrophe's and # sign's in them, so I cleaned up the data somewhat, thinking these might be causing problems and deleted each one as it gave me error. After a few, I realized once I deleted one, the next one gave error, so I deleted them all, with plans to re-enter. Right away got a duplicate listing once I clicked insert, with some message about English, I apologize, I did not save either message - the 1064 SQL syntax error or English/duplicate row error and have since deleted all values, can't re-create the errors at the moment.

In searching for possible solutions, found this tutorial, https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=27. Can someone please explain what it's telling me to do? I'm not seeing the file folder address of the file it wants me to edit and I'm struggling quite a bit with this whole scenario about the best way to set up this product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am having zero luck with this at the moment, and hopefully it is something simple.

Thank you!