Plugin Contributions

Default express checkout:issues with VAT and shipping

Hi Guys.
    I've a very big problem with express checkout.
    If i logg in zen cart and then pay with paypal everything goes well,
    but if I use express checkout without loggin into my e-commerce, then paypal doesn't add VAT and shipping cost.
    I'm gettin gfoolish... can somebody help me?
    Thank you so much,
    ligrex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: express checkout:issues with VAT and shipping

I am also having this issue with shipping. Express checkout goes to Paypal and the amount shown does not include shipping. When the customer confirms the total, they are redirected back to my site to complete checkout, where they are given the option of choosing a shipping method. This is then added to the total, and they complete checkout. The shipping they chose is included in the Paypal payment.

When a customer signs in to Paypal to complete the process they should see the total they are going to be charged. Having this added after they have confirmed/accepted the total on the screen is confusing. I would much prefer them to choose the shipping method before being directed to Paypal so the entire amount is shown at the Paypal confirmation stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

So after a little more reading it would seem that this is a deliberate function of the Paypal Express module.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...65&postcount=2
    Is there any way to modify it so that the shipping method is included in the total before hitting the Express button?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    I am also having this issue with shipping.
    And yours is a very different issue than the original topic of this thread, which was dealing with a VAT issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    Is there any way to modify it so that the shipping method is included in the total before hitting the Express button?
    In a future update perhaps. But not at the present time.
    Remember: if your customer has started out using the Express Checkout "button", then they've never even been given an option related to shipping yet ... so how do you expect that info to be passed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    And yours is a very different issue than the original topic of this thread, which was dealing with a VAT issue.
    Not very different as the OP was about VAT and shipping being omitted
    Quote Originally Posted by ligrex View Post
    but if I use express checkout without loggin into my e-commerce, then paypal doesn't add VAT and shipping cost.
    Remember: if your customer has started out using the Express Checkout "button", then they've never even been given an option related to shipping yet ... so how do you expect that info to be passed?
    Ah, this comment confused me for a second. When I configured my checkout I enabled shipping estimator to be displayed as a listing on the cart. I totally forgot that there is the option of not even having it display!
    I guess a workaround would be to add an explanation of the process on the cart (redirect to Paypal, confirm, redirect to site to choose shipping and finalise). I will check out some zen cart stores to see how they handle it.

Thanks for the reply.