Plugin Contributions

Default First post and thanks

This is my first post on this forum. Let me start by saying as the owner of another forum (devoted to whitetail deer) I know there are rules set in place. Secondly, by no means am I a programmer. I recently fired my web guy. With a very limited budget left I sought out a new person to build my online store. My limited budget was no were near sufficient! So, I rolled up my sleeves and set out to get it done by myself. I knew it would probably not happen, but after a half a day of research I found my way to Zen Cart. I am happy to say I did it! (almost). Lastly, I want to thank this forum and the zen cart faq's for getting me where I am at. I've learned enough just reading some of the threads to arm myself with enough to build what I have. There are a lot of great people on this forum that provide some great help!

Having said all that...I have a few "tweaks" that I just can't figure out.

www.whitetailworld.com/shopwtw

As far as shipping goes how do you give discounts if a person orders multiples of that item? For example if they order 5 of product X they get free shipping?

Is there a way to get more than 1 banner ad under the sidebox titled "Sponsors?"

How do I change the color of the text above the main page? In my page it is below the header (Whitetailworld Homepage Whitetailworld Forums Create xxx Upgrade xxxx) I would like this area to be black with white text that changes to #ff6600 when you hover over it.

And of course I am not to proud to say any other things you notice at first glance I am open to listening to!

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First post and thanks

As far as shipping goes how do you give discounts if a person orders multiples of that item? For example if they order 5 of product X they get free shipping?
    This normally triggered by total$ not how many of one item

Is there a way to get more than 1 banner ad under the sidebox titled "Sponsors?"
    Look at the Have you seen ... sidebox - banner_box2

How do I change the color of the text above the main page? In my page it is below the header (Whitetailworld Homepage Whitetailworld Forums Create xxx Upgrade xxxx) I would like this area to be black with white text that changes to #ff6600 when you hover over it.
    In the stylesheet for your template - wtw_temp/css/stylesheet.css
    Find and change color to suit
    Code:
    a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a {
    	color:  #3300ff;
    	text-decoration: none;
    	}
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Note that changing the a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a { rule will affect all links (and #navEZPagesTOC is for the TOC in the ez-page; you want #navEZPagesTop).

Find in your stylesheet and add the lines in red
    Code:
    #logoWrapper+br {display: none;}

#navEZPagesTop {
    font-size: 1.5em;
    	font-weight: bold;
    	padding: 0.em;
    	text-align:  center;
        background: #000000;
    	}

#navEZPagesTop a, #navEZPagesTop a:visited {color: #ffffff;}

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! It did remove the white line below the header...Now, how do I get it to turn #ff6600 when you hover over it?

Plugin Contributions

OK, scratch that last post...I just figured it out! If you knew how limited my programming skills were...or maybe they are getting better than I think? Couldn't be half as far as I am without the help from this forum!

Plugin Contributions

I like yor site

Not sure if you thought about it but I was looking at your products - maybe you should have sub-categories instead of the long list you have - but there are pros and cons for both methods

Example:

Trail Cameras
    --Cameras
    --Accessories

Bows and Gear
    --Bows
    --Accessories
    --Bow & Arrow Cases
    Last edited by janissaire; 24 Mar 2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add on