Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: checking out with gift certificate

Lanbo,

Many thanks, this seems to be working perfectly. This solves a problem that has existed for my customers for a long time!

Ed

Plugin Contributions

No problem. Just happy I was finally able to help others after being helped by others so many times.

If anyone ever notices anything working "strangely" with the change, let me know. I like figuring things out when I have time.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much, Lanbo. I have been looking for this solution for quite a while! It seems to work perfectly now.

Plugin Contributions

I may have found an issue with this, not sure if it's just my setup or if others can reproduce this.

If you have a valid gift certificate code and enter it in the discount code box instead of in the gift certificate code box, you get a message saying that the Discount Code has been successfully redeemed, but in reality, the gift certificate is NOT redeemed and not applied to the order.

Entering a bogus code gives the correct "invalid code" error message, but a valid gift certificate code that is entered in the discount code box gives off a "redeemed" message.

Plugin Contributions

Check and see what happens if you change in:
    /includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

the SELECT around line 165 to:
    Code:
          $sql = "select coupon_id, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_minimum_order, uses_per_coupon, uses_per_user,
                  restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, coupon_zone_restriction
                  from " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
                  where coupon_code= :couponCodeEntered
                  and coupon_active='Y'
                  and coupon_type !='G'";

Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have not tried Ajeh's suggestion, but I can confirm that it doesn't have to do with the changes to make it use the full GV balance by default. I have an old shopping cart that has never been altered and the same thing happens there.

EDIT: Ajeh's answer does fix your problem. I just tried it. Thanks Ajeh.
    Last edited by Lanbo; 20 May 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Sure thing ... thanks for the update that this helped you out in older Zen Cart version than v1.5 ...

NOTE: this is already done in v1.5+
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lanbo,

I have found something that acts strangely, and maybe I did something wrong wrong when changing the code. But let's say customer wants to apply a $0.00 amount. I use PayPal as my payment processor and for some reason, it doesn't like when zero is applied. I get this error message:

10401 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - Order total is invalid.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Plugin Contributions

Because of the nature of what I sell, I cannot use PayPal. If I get some free time I'll try to look and see with my test site, but that may be some time. Have you tried changing the code back to the original and making sure it is still working? That would help to determine if it was indeed the gift certificate code that is causing the problem.

Plugin Contributions

I still have some customers confused on Step 2 of 3 of checkout. The GV Balance will apply to the Order Total only after the customer puts in their credit card info and hits continue. Is there a way to update the Order Total with the applied amount of the Gift Certificate BEFORE the customer inputs their credit card and gets to Step 3 of checkout? Maybe make an apply button where it says "Apply Amount"?

Example: Customer has order total of $100. They apply GV funds worth $80. They see that they still have to pay $100 because the order total won't show $20 until AFTER they've entered their credit card info and clicked continue to get to final page of checkout. This confuses some customers because they want the order total to show $20 before they enter in any payment info.

This works when a customer enters a COUPON CODE and hits enter. The order total updates with the discount and the customer is still on step 2 of checkout. It would be nice if the Gift Certificate worked in a similar manner.

Can some code be written to create an Apply Button (where it says "Apply Amount") that will update the order total before payment info is entered?
    Last edited by AvaAdorn; 25 Jun 2015 at 09:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123