Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Changed Meta Tags and get blank pages

Hi,
    I have been trying this since yesterday:

"o change the title text to say what you want, open the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php file in your text editor. Find the following line of code:

// page title
    define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');

// Site Tagline
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');

Replace the title and tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out and new quote marks are not added.

Save the edited file to includes/languages/english/custom/meta_tags.php and upload it to your server."

When i change the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php file my whole site disappears. When i save it to custom it does nothing. I have searched my developers toolkit and changed the files in there but nothing changes.

Any input would be great

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! I would like to change the "Zen Cart!, The Art of E-Commerce"

What did you change the text to? Do you have a custom template installed?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

If your "whole site disappears", it's likely you've made a mistake in the editing and either removed a ' or ; which is causing the blank page.

Do you have a custom template? Is it active? What is it called? Did you upload the changed meta_tags.php file to the server?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

look to make sure you didn't accidently remove a ' } ; that sort of thing too.

If it still doesn't work add in a new meta file from your original setup assuming you still have one If you don't you'll have to get one to replace it.

If you replace it and still have the same issue is continuing the something else happened - did you modify the index files?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changed Meta Tags and get blank pages

Moderator's note - have moved posts with a different problem to a new thread.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    What did you change the text to? Do you have a custom template installed?
    I changed the text to :

Blossom and Be

It's all about you...

I have a monster templates template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    If your "whole site disappears", it's likely you've made a mistake in the editing and either removed a ' or ; which is causing the blank page.

Do you have a custom template? Is it active? What is it called? Did you upload the changed meta_tags.php file to the server?
    I am sure that i only put the text into the ' marks.

It is not blank now but completely wrong all over.

www.blossomandbe.com

My zencart site has been working fine so far. Yes i uploaded the changed file to the server.

Plugin Contributions

Blossom and Be

It's all about you...
    Needs to be:

Blossom and Be

It\'s all about you...

The \ is called an escape.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Needs to be:

Blossom and Be

It\'s all about you...

The \ is called an escape.

Thanks, I did that and i didn't loose everything and it didn't go all over the place but.... it hasn't changed the title?? It is still Zen Cart! The Art of E-commerce.

I don't know what is going on here. I have contacted the template people to see if they know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blossomandbe View Post
    Hi,
    Save the edited file to includes/languages/english/custom/meta_tags.php and upload it to your server."

When i change the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php file my whole site disappears.
    Where exactly are you saving your meta_tags.php file?
    You should save it to your includes/languages/english/Template1/meta_tags.php directory since your template is called Template1. Check if you already have that directory. If not, create it, that'll be your language override directory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast