Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Paypal connection - Error (28) connect() timed out!

If you don't add ?paypal=1 to the curltester URL, then it won't test PayPal for you.

Use: /extras/curltester.php?paypal=1

Explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Testing-Tools

A (28) Connect timed out message is ALWAYS a hosting problem, if you've properly got the CURL Proxy disabled. Especially if it "suddenly" breaks. Your hosting company will need to fix it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I finally ran the proper curltest and this came back:

28 connect() timed out!

Array
    (
    [url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 20.019488
    [namelookup_time] => 0.00557
    [connect_time] => 0
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )

EOF

I am contacting my HOST immediately to get this resolved.

Thanks DrByte

Plugin Contributions

I have a client with the same timing out errors and getting worse. I called PayPal. They tell me they are aware of ATT blocking some of their traffic. They suggested I email [email protected]. My email bounced back ' The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.'

I did a traceroute to api-3t.paypal.com and did confirm it times out.

Seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an ATT/PayPal problem and not anything to do with hosting, settings or configurations that we can control.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And if it is indeed an ATT problem then your hosting company needs to contact ATT, and you need to also report the problem to PayPal so they can also put pressure on ATT to resolve it. That IS something you can do: get the other parties to make the phone calls to fix it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

PayPal was the one who told me about the problem and they say it's been going on since last November. Apparently ATT has fairly recently acknowledged the problem, which is a start, but obviously little progress has been made or promised.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fair. Still, if nobody keeps reminding them that it's a problem, it won't get solved.

So ... make sure ATT gets pressure from both ends.

Plugin Contributions

Just an FYI, after having multiple installs of Zencart on the same Ipower host, this exact issue has just crept up started this Sunday March 17, 2013

Curltester is showing me:

28 connect() timed out!

Array
    (
    [url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 20.019673
    [namelookup_time] => 0.003141
    [connect_time] => 0
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    )
    EOF

Contacted host to see what they changed, has to be them..
    PHPINFO() Shows CURL installed, PHP Install looks like it has not changed in 2 years..

Will update when resolved just in case it helps others..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

ipower has been reported to have had the same problem numerous times over the last several months.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the error 28 timeout issue. It started about 48 hours ago and no one can make a payment now. DrByte says it's always a hosting issue, which I agree with, but how do you get them acknowledge that, instead of Register and Paypal pointing at each other?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Use the curltester tool discussed above, and point them to it.

If they won't fix it, talk to the top dog at the hosting company and explain to them how unhappy you are with their service, yadda yadda yadda. If they want to keep your business, they'll do something about it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast