Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Email = API Signature?

I'm brand new to ZenCart and a shopping cart, and set up the PayPal Express per the instructions, got the PayPal info and in the test done by someone, she was unable to purchase - don't have those details yet, but have been going through the 'Things to check if it's not working' list in the wiki - when it says check that the email address you enter for PayPal in ZenCart admin matches case sensitive exactly the primary email in PayPal account. Is API Signature the same as email? That is the only place I'm seeing that has anything looking like an email, and what I entered there is what the PayPal site gave me when I went through all that set-up. Am checking the other things on the list, too, but do not know how to check the email. Otherwise, the main email in the store is the same, matches case sensitive as PayPal, but that is the overall store. Thank you very much for any help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Email = API Signature?

That list in the wiki was originally written to deal with failures of Website Payments Standard transactions and failures of IPN notices/updates getting to your store.
    But, PayPal Express Checkout doesn't rely on the old method of using IPNs to complete your orders (Website Payments Standard does rely on IPNs), and Express Checkout has slightly different setup instructions. In your case, with EC you'll need to make sure your API Credentials you set up in your Zen Cart admin properly match the API credentials assigned by PayPal according to what you see in your PayPal account Profile screens.

"unable to purchase" is very vague ... will need the missing details such as exact error messages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Learned from PayPal am set up with Website Payments Standard. I had installed the PayPal Express, and verified the credentials with PayPal, but possibly was misunderstanding what was the right choice to use. Do I need to uninstall that and install the Payments Standard? Am not set up with Payments Pro with them yet, so possibly this is the problem. Don't have details yet and will provide when able, thank you.
    Last edited by sparrowce; 26 Mar 2011 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Website Payments Standard is OLD. Don't use it.

Express Checkout is what you want. Setup is easy: www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal

Website Payments Pro is a different product that requires a monthly fee to use. You don't need that right away. If you want to add it later (only if you're using Express Checkout), you can go through the application process with PayPal to get that added to your account and pay the required fees for it.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=28

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I've done the installation, got the API credentials, verified PayPal on their site. Do I need Payments Pro to use Express Checkout or will it work with having Website Payments Standard through PayPal? I'm still unclear on this aspect, thank you very much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're still misunderstanding PayPal's services.

Look at it this way:
    Express Checkout is the "new website payments standard".

If a PayPal rep made you think that "you're only set up for Website Payments Standard", then they were talking about it in comparison to Website Payments Pro, and they were NOT talking about Express Checkout in that statement.

Website Payments Pro is an added feature which you can install at a later date if you want more than what Express/Standard offer you. And to use Pro, you need Express Checkout installed.

You cannot use Standard and Express modules at the same time. Standard is old. Use Express. And maybe down the road add Pro too if you really need it.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, yes I sure was misunderstanding, that clarifies things, and I will go back through the steps and double check everything/test and stay with Express Checkout.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The wiki article has just been updated for additional clarity.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, that is very helpful, I will check it out.

Plugin Contributions

I do have another related question, am still troubleshooting and no luck yet. In configuration/credit cards, there are listings for many credit cards. It appears they're all set to 0. Should I turn these on or does PayPal override everything? Haven't been able to find anything on this and possibly not searching right. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast