Plugin Contributions

Default [Unconfirmed] Product's attributes' id showing next to price for certain checkboxes

I'm using v 1.3.9h (no addons installed) using a template from template monster, although I dont think the template is the cause as its unlikely that they would toy with those files, and more so because the file I suspect to be causing this is in the default template (root/includes/modules/attributes.php).

I can't post the url, as I have blocked access to the site. I need to do the final security check before public access. Sorry about that. Regardless, I will explain clearly below.

I have various categories; some with products and some without. To explain the problem, we are looking at 2 categories here which I call Category A and Category B.

In both categories, there are one or more products which have attributes with (one or more) checkboxes.

In Category A, there are 3 products with one checkbox attribute each. No problem there. All displays perfectly.

In Category B, one of the products has attributes. The first is a dropdown menu and the rest are checkboxes. The issue is that all the checkboxes here are problematic because they show the attribute ID number, which would look strange to, and might confuse, customers who question what the numbers mean.

The rendered format is:
    ATTRIBUTE NAME [ATTRIBUTE NOTES - onMouseover] ATTRIBUTE ID NUMBER ( + PRICE )

I looked in the HTML output (as in previous para) for a "marker" and chose the string "attribsCheckbox" which points to the root/includes/modules/attributes.php file (using the Dev Tool Kit), because "attribsCheckbox" was near the ATTRIBUTE ID which I wanted to remove. There were 9 occurrences in attributes.php of "attribsCheckbox". The top 3 "attribsCheckbox" were contained within lines 326, 329 and 332 which all begin with:

$tmp_checkbox .= zen_draw_checkbox_field('id[' . $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] .

At the end of each of those lines is the variable $products_options_details which outputs:

ATTRIBUTE NAME [ATTRIBUTE NOTES - onMouseover] ATTRIBUTE ID NUMBER ( + PRICE )

I searched this variable with the Dev Tool Kit and the variable seems to be put together in the same attributes.php file.

What I can't figure is WHERE exactly ATTRIBUTE ID is introduced into this, so god knows how to remove it. I wanted to find and publish the solution, but this is as far as I got.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product's attributes' id showing next to price for certain checkboxes

What you're describing sounds like something odd with one of your files, or with the data you've entered.

How about you provide exact steps for us to replicate your particular scenario using a brand new fresh clean uncustomized install of v1.3.9h using the default "classic" template?
    ie: exact names of products, option names, option values, etc. ie: everything to recreate it from scratch.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product's attributes' id showing next to price for certain checkboxes

Sorry NOT ATTRIBUTE ID. I meant Option Value (As shown in Option Values in Admin Panel) of the attribute.

DrByte: No, same thing happens when I switch to classic install - which I have not touched since install. All done using https only so unlikely any unknown interference took place.

The source code shows the following. The problem is the number "11" showing before the 75.00 cost.

<div class="wrapperAttribsOptions">

<h4 class="optionName back">Attribute Name&nbsp;<span class="tooltip" style="font-weight: normal; border-bottom-style:none;">[?]<span class="tooltip_service_info">Description of attribute</span></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</h4>

<div class="back">
    <input type="checkbox" name="id[5][27]" value="27" id="attrib-5-27" /><label class="attribsCheckbox" for="attrib-5-27">11 ( +&pound;75.00 )</label><br />

</div>

<br class="clearBoth" />

</div>
    Last edited by webdeseloper; 26 Mar 2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Updated info, and more info.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Still, I'd need to either see your actual site, or see exact steps to recreate it on my own. Preferably the steps to recreate.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If you were to use ZC 1.3.9h, add a product (anything) with 2 attributes (which have their option names, values and are then attached by the attribute controller as per the main tutorial in the zen cart website about adding product attributes - written by Ajeh). The 2 attributes would be a dropdown menu followed by a checkbox and I think you will then see the Option Value show before price.

I hope I have explained recreation ok. Thanks!

PS Ajeh's post seems to get close as the brackets (or other price delimiter prefix and suffix) come just after the Option Value.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showt...esis+attribute
    Last edited by webdeseloper; 26 Mar 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Pardon me for being blunt ... You're not very helpful in your instructions for creating your alleged problem.
    We take bug reports quite seriously, and if something can't be recreated, whether by following specific steps or by being reported frequently by a large number of storeowners, it's usually something wrong with the reporter's addons or customizations or their own limited understanding of how things work ... and not actually a bug.

And, frankly, Template Monster is one of the worst template-sellers out there, especially when it comes to Zen Cart templates. It's a well-known fact that their stuff is basically crap.

So, in the interest of investigating your concern, I tried the following, using the built-in default/classic template:
    a) clean install of v1.3.9h, no demo data
    b) created a new product for $5.00, set it to priced by attributes (because I see in the tiny bit of info you supplied that it looked like you were adding £75 for some reason, but didn't explain anything more about your actual attribute settings, etc)
    c) created an Option Name called "option name" for checkbox
    d) created an Option Name called "option name B" for dropdown
    e) created 2 option values for each
    f) in Attributes Controller, added all 4 attributes to the product, with each one having a price added to it as well, again based on the only example info hidden in one of your posts
    g) go to storefront and view the product ... and I see no weird characters or square brackets or attribute IDs on-screen.
    see the screenshot attached.

What am I missing from Ajeh's instructions or your procedure?

[scr]http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9052&stc=1&d=1301201684[/scr]
    Attached Images Attached Images