Plugin Contributions

Default My webhost is leaving PHP 4 and goes all PHP 5 - will effect my webshop?

Today I received an email from my webhost. In it saying they webhost is leaving/stop supporting PHP 4, and now goes all PHP 5 - will this effect my webshop? version 139 in any way?

They ask me to upgrade from PHP 4 to PHP 5 now as it is only about time, soon, they will do the switch.

I will send an emai asking my webhost today, but it would be interesting if any of you in here have any ideas around this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My webhost is leaving PHP 4 and goes all PHP 5 - will effect my webshop?

If you're running 1.3.9, just sit back and relax. 1.3.9 actually requires php5...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My webhost is leaving PHP 4 and goes all PHP 5 - will effect my webshop?

Your host has been very slow. PHP4 was retired some time back and Zen Cart has supported PHP5 for several years.

That said, at least they're giving you some warning ... some just do it and leave their clients to deal with the fallout from applications that are less well-prepared than Zen Cart.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Your host has been very slow. PHP4 was retired some time back and Zen Cart has supported PHP5 for several years.

That said, at least they're giving you some warning ... some just do it and leave their clients to deal with the fallout from applications that are less well-prepared than Zen Cart.
    Its true some do, changes without telling. But my webhost is more I guess about telling they will leave PHP 4 to go 100% PHP 5. Not so much not having supported it previously. Which they have as I understood it. My webhost on the other hand have been very good the last years of heavily improving their customer relations. Its a good one. www.surftown.se is the host. Its originally a Danish webhost, with staff from Sweden as well.