Plugin Contributions

Default (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT (hosted on GoDaddy)

Getting following error message. Latest release of ZenCart installed. Host is GoDaddy.

website is http://www.studebakersite.com. Go to the store and attempt to make purchase.

ERROR MESSAGE:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT (hosted on GoDaddy)

1. Dump GoDaddy and get a real, reliable hosting company.

2. Turn off Admin->Configuration->My Store->CURL Proxy Status -- set it to False.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT (hosted on GoDaddy)

Whatever your feelings are about certain host. The issue seems to have started with their 4gs hosting account.

Simply go to your admin>configuration>mystore>curl proxy status and set to false

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

It seems many people are running into this issue. I'm also getting a (56) 403 error when connecting to paypal, with the latest Zen Cart Install (1.3.9h I think?). However, everyone's advice is to set cURL to false. I called them up, and my server does not have this option. They mentioned possibly using a .htAccess file or something. Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Setting the CURL Proxy Status within your Zen Cart admin settings is NOT something you can call up GoDaddy to change. YOU do that YOURSELF, exactly as explained above.

Or, an even better solution is to change hosts.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

To make this clear, every time I read this solution, I was assuming they were telling me to set cURL Proxy to false in my GoDaddy admin area, not the ZenCart admin. Once I realized this, I went to the ZenCart admin, and had it fixed quickly. Hope this clarifies the solution for someone.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, thanks for the quick reply. This was simply a misunderstanding on my part. Of course I'd get confused on the simple things as opposed to the hard ones. Thanks for your help.

On the GoDaddy issue, I have not run into problems with them so far, and when clients are on a budget, they seem to do the trick. Sorry to hear others have had issues.