Plugin Contributions

Default Don't Want Attribute Prices Automatically Added to Product Price

Hello,

I previously wanted the prices for a product and each of its chosen attributes, to show up in the shopping cart. I have followed the instructions that were given in this old thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79602

My shopping cart now lists the cost of each attribute right next to the attribute name (see attachment).

My issue is that I don't want the price of each attribute to be automatically added to the price of the product (I want it separate so that the total cost at the end will include everything).

For example in my attachment, it's currently listed as:
    Fine Elegance Saree $254.80 (unit) $254.80 (total)
    - Blouse Stitching (+ $10.00)
    - Matching Petticoat (+ $8.00)
    - Fall Etching (+ $1.00)

Is it possible to make it so that it's listed as:
    Fine Elegance Saree $235.80 (unit) $235.80 (total)
    - Blouse Stitching (+ $10.00)
    - Matching Petticoat (+ $8.00)
    - Fall Etching (+ $1.00)

I don't want the + $10.00, + $8.00, +$1.00 automatically added onto the product/unit total (the product is $235.80 BEFORE the additional cost of the attributes). The product total, INCLUDING all chosen attributes should be listed at the very end where it says "Sub-Total" instead.

I just don't want people getting confused, thinking that they have to add on the price of the attributes themselves to the total price when it's already been calculated for them. I hope I'm making some sense here.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Don't Want Attribute Prices Automatically Added to Product Price

I just don't want people getting confused, thinking that they have to add on the price of the attributes themselves to the total price when it's already been calculated for them.

There is an addon "dynamic price updater" which will add the attribute as it is selected and use the text "your price...." which should stop any confusion

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much Donal.

Though I still kinda prefer it the attribute prices could be separated and not automatically added to the product price in the shopping cart. I guess it's not possible then, huh?

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to edit the shopping cart page and put a message at the top informing customers that any attributes that they have chosen, the prices have already been added to the cost of the product.

Plugin Contributions

Same feeling here. I tried the Dynamic Price Updater and, on the Shopping Cart page, it still doesn't show the item base price and the attribute price. It shows the item as a total price with the attribute and then the attribute price separately. I had already done that work-around by putting the atttribute price in its description line.

I tried the instructions in the old post you linked to, but I don't understand the last part, the correction, and haven't been able to figure it out. If you o anyone else got it working, please let me know.

R

Plugin Contributions

Are you getting customer complaints about it or is it something that bothers you?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I got a couple of comments, not the biggest deal, but I imagine others regard it as unprofessional and don't say anything. That's the main thing with me, I simply want it to look professional and logical.

Plugin Contributions

code to show product base price without adding attributes prices in shopping cart
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo $currencies->display_price(zen_get_products_base_price($product['id']), zen_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id'])); ?>
    Thanks to http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=905

with that code, and individual attributes price code can make cart look like attached
    I think thats what you're looking for.

If you do the same for includes/classes/order.php post code here as I may do the same if I have time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

I followed the first thread instructions and then this and it all worked perfect. Thanks!