Plugin Contributions

Default IISPassword: The page cannot be displayed

I got frustrated with trying to do an upgrade from 1.3.8a to v1.3.9h. WinMerge shows so many changes I had no idea where to begin - and the instruction to create a demo folder for a trial was even more confusing.

So I am attempting a fresh install to a new folder (called zencart2) with a new database, with the hopes that I can just load my template changes (created for the old version) into the new version. Ie my CSS, and my custom files. Am I correct on this? And also with hopes that I can also just import my database used by the former version.

I am getting no where with the fresh install though because when I attempt the 'install' step I get "IISPassword: The page cannot be displayed". I have read many of the other posts, but I cannot understand what is being instructed re the IIS or the htaccess. (which htaccess, and where do you drop in the change?)

I am using WindowsXP - I don't know how to find this "Windows" folder via the instructions on the other posts for the IIS.... if, in fact this is my problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't be found: zc_install/index.php

am presuming you are trying to install zencart on XP home computer; so you have also installed first, apache, php and mysql?

Plugin Contributions

I have done all the unzip on my own computer and have uploaded to the server... (utilizing mysql and a new database). I have had zencart version 1.3.8a working on my site for months. This is about my grief in getting a fresh version installed... or an upgrade to 1.3.9h. Both attempts have been looped at the point of the 'zc_install' step. IE

the http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/zc_install (utilizing my domain and folder of course).

The http://www.mydomain.com/catalog step goes to the correct location, but the next click to "install" goes to a 'page IIS Page cannot be displayed".

Plugin Contributions

As mentioned in my other post on this I have been given the answer from my host tech support.

"The issue was a .htaccess file in the zc_install sub directory. These linux files don't work the same in a windows environment. I have deleted the file so you can now see the install steps correctly. If you see that error ever again, search and destroy those files from the file manager."