Plugin Contributions

Default Can Zen Cart integrate with my current gallery?

Wordpress-NexGen-Zen Cart 1.3.9.

I have looked hi and lo for a cart. There is one thing that I totally do not understand. How do I tell if a particular cart, in this case Zen Cart, will intergrate with my current store or if it needs to set up its own pages

I have a good start on a photo gallery that I spent a MONTH learning to make It uses Word Press and NexGen Gallery. I really do not want to waste it. I like it The Paypal Simple Cart integrated with it and simply put a button and a cart on the left hand column of my NexGen Gallery But the Paypal cart has a script glitch Many of the carts I read about do not say if they integrate or build their own pages. I see in the config that it appears that Zen Cart can make its own pages but I do not see how to get it to use my NexGen pages

Can someone please help me get things going. I am a loyal, appreciative listener

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Zen Cart integrate with my current gallery?

How do I tell if a particular cart, in this case Zen Cart, will intergrate with my current store or if it needs to set up its own pages
    You must approach this from the other direction and attempt to integrate your gallery into ZenCart

ZenCart is not designed to use ONLY as a backend to other pages that have a "Buy Now" selector.

It is designed to become your main site portal as for most selling is their primary objective and the rest is fluff
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Well, I must say that I am elated with the speed of the first reply to my post. Thank you very much. However, I sure hope someone expounds on what you said. You may have read in my first post, "a photo gallery that I spent a MONTH learning to make". That is a clue that I am not literate in this stuff yet. But, I am persistant.

Again, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

But the Paypal cart has a script glitch
    If all you require is something like what you have then there are others programs that can just add a buy now button to what you have

It is not ZenCart...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I see that Zen Cart has a ton of config options and it is probably overkill for me. But I will eventially sell other items. I wouldn't mind at all, learning to get Zen Cart going on my site or visa versa.
    But, do you think Zen Cart could be set up to do as simple a thing as I need, which is at this time, selling photos with 3 or 4 product options.
    Do you recommend that I move on to something else or what?

Plugin Contributions

I am not literate in this stuff yet. But, I am persistant.
    Well persist, and install ZenCart in a folder and learn it or install xampp on your PC and then ZenCart there locally to learn

If you persist I believe that you will find the many features to your advantage in the future
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten