Plugin Contributions

Default add to cart and checkout problem only for some customers

Hello guys,

Ok ive got a little issue come up and I cant diagnose it because its working perfectly for me.

Basically, its been brought to my attention that some customers are having issues getting past the shopping cart stage, they cant get to the payment checkout as the checkout button doesnt work (it just refreshes the page), also issues with adding products to their cart, if they click add to cart, it starts to load the shopping cart page then just shows nothing in their cart, like a session problem

Now the issue is, its only happening to some customers, and some are fine (including myself), I can add to shopping cart, go through tot he checkout without any issues at all, both on Firefox and IE.

The zen cart is the latest version aswell, but no updates to the site have been made at all since this started to happen yesterday.

Just wondered if this rings a bell with anyone at all? its very frustrating trying to diagnose a problem when it works perfectly for me.

Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you
    Sam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add to cart and checkout problem only for some customers

This is a perfect description of a situation we are having with one of our 1.3.9h sites. It was recently "rebuilt" using a clean install, a default template and then just importing the products, customer and order data back into it with a couple of modules. The super frustrating thing is not ALL customers have this problem, and we can't see any obvious errors in logs. Only SOME customers cannot checkout. They usually get a "nothing happens" effect when trying to checkout (after viewing the cart). Some customers tried clearing their cache and closing, restarting the browser with no change. There is no particular pattern - different browsers. When we test it on 4 different computers IE, Firefox, Chrome... everything works fine. Any clues on where to look?!

Plugin Contributions

Maybe a restriction to only ship to customers in a certain territory? Like US customers only? I have this situation with customers from countries that I don't ship to. They can't proceeded.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip, but that is not the situation with this site. All the customers complaining about the troubles are in the US and nearby. There is no pattern to the issues - and all tests both on our side and the site owner's side checkout successfully (no errors). I really think it must be a strange combo of things including the server or php settings but I am not finding ANY errors in the logs. Frustrating when a site owner claims there are errors and you can't trace any.

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Maybe a restriction to only ship to customers in a certain territory? Like US customers only? I have this situation with customers from countries that I don't ship to. They can't proceeded.