Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Facebook - eCommerce Catalog Browse [Support]

Quote Originally Posted by brightsoftware View Post
    Hi Mike,

Sorry, each Facebook page can only link to one shop. This is because Facebook sends the page identifier and this ID is then linked to a single store. However multiple Facebook pages can be linked to the same Facebook account these pages can link either to the same shop or different shops.

If you are trying to administer multiple shops, we would recommend doing one at a time (e.g. not using multiple tabs) as the encrypted Facebook authentication cookie can cause the app to link to the most recent store you open rather than the existing store you just tabbed too.

Kind regards

Bright Software Solutions
    Thanks for the quick response albeit I found it confusing, I say this respectfully as I do not fully understand Facebook yet - you state
    However multiple Facebook pages can be linked to the same Facebook account these pages can link either to the same shop or different shops.
    This appears to be what I have - one Facebook account with 'multiple pages', i.e. I have added pages via 'create a page' and in the left column of my FB page it has a group heading 'pages' where these 'created pages' reside with pages followed, pages liked etc. The pages I created have ZenCart websites - one of those 'created pages' I loaded your plugin to the ZC website and now the online store icon shows on that 'created page' but that is then where the admin issue described in the first post occurs.

So the burning question is - my FB page has a store using your app - can the other 'pages', created pages as described above, on this FB page also have stores?
    FB Page with store >>>> created page(s) >>>> created page(s) with store(s)?

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. at this stage I am using your basic 'free' ZC plugin so I can trial it before committing to the cost of subscribing for a number of stores - this current situation seems as if it may be a hurdle
    Last edited by shags38; 31 Jul 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

Yes, other Facebook pages/stores can link to different/or the same Zencart sites exactly as you require. This is not affected by version and will work fine on both trial or the free 'lite' gallery only option. But as mentioned previously we would recommend administrating one Facebook app at a time as when you click on a "tile" icon on a Facebook page it sets the authentication page on the initial request, so if you tab between them it can cause an issue in the admin mode. This is not a problem for the public as the identifier to embedded in the links to ensure the system, doesn't get confused for a member of the public.

We would also recommend you try it out on your different pages, using the free trial to ensure that it meets your requirements.

Kind regards

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply - still trying to comprehend this - if as you say it will work exactly as I want then why will it not load the site to the page? - how am I going to get to test whether this indeed will work? You say it will but I cannot see it / it won't work for me.

I keep getting this Error : Shop plugin has not been located error code 404 returned, please check that it has been installed at http://www.harmonyball.net.au/ (if this URL is incorrect, please change it in the App admin settings)

regards,

Mike (still confused)

go to Facebook and search for Dazzlers Jewellery so you can see what I am talking about

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

The Facebook app is not able to retrieve the data feed, as it receiving a 404 page not found when it attempts to access your Zencart website:

e.g. http://www.harmonyball.net.au/fb_browse.php?n=zc_browse&p=<PLUGIN_PASSWORD>

This is normally caused by one the the following reason:

fb_browse.php missing or uploaded into the wrong location.
    Friendly URL rewriting blocking access to fb_browse.php.
    Permissions on fb_browse.php not be accessible.

Also the plug-in currently has the incorrect password saved has a collection of stars rather than the password.

Kind regards

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the response - the first issue you mentioned was the culprit "fb_browse.php missing or uploaded into the wrong location."
    Long story but it was the simplest of mistakes - thanks for pointing it out.

I have now loaded the app to 6 pages and all is good. I would highly recommend this plugin to anyone using Facebook for eCommerce.

regards,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

My trial period has ended and I still have the free ZC version working - is the facility on product edit page, radio button 'update facebook - do not update facebook', part of the paid version ? - will it return once I subscribe?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

eCommerce Browser Facebook app doesn't have radio buttons called 'update facebook - do not update facebook' the datafeed for our system is always active and not affected by the version type. It should automatically update when the current cached version expires. You can force eCommerce Browser Facebook app to refresh via the "Clear Cache" button in the app admin mode access via the Facebook app.

I think you must have installed multiple Facebook plug-ins, as there are other plug-ins that allow you to push new products into your timeline.

Kind regards

Plugin Contributions

ooops, sorry, you are right - I have another plugin that updates timeline.

Just for the record - I really like your app.

Plugin Contributions

I love it!!! 3 easy steps and voila! It works. Now how do I stop it from showing outdated products which are no longer considered new or no longer exist?

BTW to those who have something to say about it only being a free trial, everything in life and business can't be free. But for $10 or $20 a month this is well worth it. Perhaps they wouldn't raise such a stink if you called it a donation, even ZenCart accepts donations, how do you think they continue to do what they do for us?

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, I found the clear cache in the admin section of the app and it worked perfectly.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast