Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Facebook - eCommerce Catalog Browse [Support]

It seem like firefox browser isnt liking it

im using osx 10.5.8 and the latest firefox and when i click (online shop) on the left then click admin it goes to ur splash page

weird

but

when i use safari (on same mac) or a pc (xp pro) (with Firefox)
    they both work goin to the setup screen to put key number in

that being said

now all i see is this
    [SCR]http://www.eye-dye.com/files/zensetupfb.png[/SCR]

do i have to catagorize my product in my zen cart to match
    Last edited by Kim; 27 May 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

ok got product to show up

the website shop link was wrong in the setup page

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I have been out of the office today, but that's great news. I will also investigate the Mac issue to try and resolve the problem for future customers.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I am trying to install the Facebook mod and when I copy and paste the sql text and hit send, I get follwoing message

1048 Column 'configuration_group_id' cannot be null
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Catalog Browser Plugin Key', 'BSS_PLUGIN_KEY', SUBSTRING(MD5(RAND()) FROM 1 FOR 9), 'This plugin key is used during Facebook Application setup, feel free to change this unique key a secure alternative if required.', @configuration_group_id, 0, NOW(), NULL, NULL);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Any help or feedback is truly appreciated.

Thank You
    Djace
    Sucess is the Sum of Small Efforts

Plugin Contributions

It looks as though you may have missed a section of the SQL installation script.

The sql should be run as a complete script, as it should set the variable (@configuration_group_id) prior to running the script that errored. Please can you check whether the first part has installed by seeing if the configuration section has been installed.

This can be done via the admin; see if "Facebook Catalog Browser" is in the configuration menu. If so, get the configuration group ID from the URL and then replace the variable (@configuration_group_id) with the ID you have just copied.

e.g.

On my installation the URL (in my URL bar) is .../configuration.php?gID=39
    The ID, in this case 39, should be use to replace @configuration_group_id in the script below:

Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) 
    VALUES (NULL, 'Catalog Browser Plugin Key', 'BSS_PLUGIN_KEY', SUBSTRING(MD5(RAND()) FROM 1 FOR 9), 'This plugin key is used during Facebook Application setup, feel free to change this unique key a secure alternative if required.', @configuration_group_id, 0, NOW(), NULL, NULL);

Plugin Contributions

We also have the same problem with no categories or products showing like sco77m4r7in.

Its one of our customers, we have checked the link in the settings which is correct.

Any ideas?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse-...36002413133082

http://www.horsesupplementsdirect.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Please can you check you have successfully uploaded the fb_browse.php file into the root of the your shop?

For some reason, when I try to visit the file directly (http://www.horsesupplementsdirect.co.uk/fb_browse.php?n=zc_browse&p=<PLUGINPASSWORD>) it returns the home page, rather than the json data feed normally returned by the add-on.

Cheers

Bright Software Solutions

Plugin Contributions

Hello Brightsoftware,

Thank you for your quick response. I have restored my Zen cart data base to a previous state and then tried again from the begining to install the add on to my store.
    However, I have again received the same error message intially as before. Then as you have pointed out I was able to see the Facebook browser installed under admin -> configuration.
    My ID was same as in your example 39. Then I have replaced the "@configuration_group_id" with the number 39 and now I am able to see the auto generated KEY. :).
    I wonder what could cause some parts of the script not to execute correctly, as I have copied entire text from the install file and pasted it into my store SQL window correctly.
    So far so good I will now continue with the rst of the installation.
    Thank you again,

djace

Plugin Contributions

Okey guys,

I am trying to install the facebook app, and when I go to http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...36002413133082
    page I don't see the "add to page" button link on the left hand side. Maybe I am just blind, can somebody point me in the right direction?
    Thank you.

djace

Plugin Contributions

Hi djace,

The link only appears if you have a Facebook page, the common mistake is people think a Facebook profile is the same as a business page.

The app is not designed for profile pages and would only be visible to the profile owner (which sort of defeats the point of this app!).

However you can convert a personal profile to a 'page' (used for businesses and public figures) whilst maintaining all your friends. The instructions for doing this can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=18918

After converting the 'profile' to a 'page', you should be able to install the app. Alternatively you can create a page from scratch via:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

Regards

Bright Software Solutions

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast