Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Facebook - eCommerce Catalog Browse [Support]

Hello Brightsoftware,

I was suspecting something like that to be the case since other people got it up and running.
    Thank you for taking time and explaning it to me.
    I will setup the facebook page and finish installing your mod tonight.
    Thanks again.

Djace
    Sucess is the Sum of Small Efforts

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to add localization to facebook app?
    Right now products and descriptions is loaded with correct localization, but fb app titles seems to be exclusively in english.
    F.ex. titles could be fetched from the webshop.

Additionally it would be nice to have an option to filter categories shown on page. (This can be done by modifying feed script, but menu-based solution would be nice)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Localization and best-sellers view are both currently in development. Our planned development schedule is to release two other plug-ins for other shop systems, and then later release an updated app with these features.

Hopefully these features will be available around the middle of next month.

We will also look into the possibility of a category management functionality, for a future release.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions! Keep them coming!

Plugin Contributions

Well I got it working on our Facebook page with no problems. Unfortunatley as I am a Facebook noob! I can't see it helping that much if it was a paid App.

This being due to the fact that I only got involved (sorry.. had to tread a toe) in Facebook because my template had the links.

I don't see many people using the site favebook link at present. And then why would they want to see another version of the goods?

ok, I know I have a lot of facebook reading to do but I wondered if the was a way to make it more 'viral' as the "autoFacebook2" does,,,, ie. all friends and friends of friends get to see my new products! (I think)

Meybe I just don't get the Facebook thing yet? But the App works with no installation problems.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rizla,

This add-on provides a different methodology to AutoFacebook, which is designed to draw existing Friends/Likers back to your website by keeping them up-to-date on your new products etc. The idea is that hopefully you will get them to re-order, but they will already know you exist.

The idea of Catalog Browser is to try and draw new customers to your website. They will search on Facebook and see your page and then immediately see your product catalog.

Also when your existing customers "like" your Facebook page, or any of the products through the Catalog Browser, their friends will see they like your page or product and in-turn may visit your Facebook page. The means that you can encourage more new people to visit your website.

We are anticipating that we will be able to offer a free version for people who don't have many 'likes' (i.e. fans) so only as your Facebook page grows, and hopefully provides you with a benefit, will you need to pay anything.

Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    My mistake, maybe. Your website talks about a Free Trial for this program, which makes it commercial software after the trial period. If you're going to offer a free Zencart version, I'll look forward to trying it.
    Hello Mr brightsoftware
    Thank You for your contribution. I would like to clarify the statement on your website,
    Please Note: This is a free no-obligation trial. You will not be asked for any payment details. Beta-users will be given at least 1 month's free usage at the end of the trial period, after which you may choose whether or not you wish to continue using the App based on one of the price plans.
    What are the price plans and is your marketing plan intended to get users onto the bus then release the cost structure
    The details in the software release does not elude to this
    Facebook - eCommerce Shop Browser
    Whereas this module has the notation
    *** NOTE: A MONTHLY FEE IS REQUIRED TO USE THIS MODULE ***
    ozpost
    I have just recommended it to a customer and installed your module and now read this forum post
    Thanks for your clarification
    daveh
    Last edited by ozprodrivers; 23 May 2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add in module makers name

Plugin Contributions

Hi Daveh

The initial plan is to launch as a trial so we can evaluate the hosting/bandwidth and support costs involved in hosting a Facebook app whilst ironing out and bugs and issues found by our trial users. This contribution has always been listed as a free beta trial.

We are anticipating that we will be able to offer a free or advert supported 'lite' version, and then monthly subscription full versions. But at present we are still trying to create more add-ons for different shop platforms and accepting suggestions of improvements to the app itself to provide a better product.

As stated earlier in this thread, we were expecting it to be around $20 but this has now been halved to $10 per month after our initial market and technical requirements analysis.

Hope this helps.

Bright Software Solutions

Plugin Contributions

Hello Sir,
    Thank You now I am understanding where you are at. From my perspective I downloaded the module installed it into a customers site then as i was setting up the FB page I saw a subscription. I was committed to setting it up so went forward with it
    Maybe just add a line in your module details in this site etc
    We have set it up and we are impressed Thank You for your services
    Regards
    daveh

Idea or Suggestion Re: Facebook - eCommerce Catalog Browse [Support]

Are there any plans to make the online catalog viewable via SSL. Most of my facebook contacts use the new SSL browser feature and when they access the catalog, it requires them to switch to non-SSL

Thanks
    www.ahaccessories.com
    Last edited by cooler0918; 26 May 2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Missed information
    A&H Accessories, Shop for unique hair and fashion accessories.
    Browse barrettes, clips, bows, headbands & more
    www.ahaccessories.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cooler0918,

Thanks for pointing that out, SSL on the Facebook App should now be working.

Cheers

Bright Software

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast