Plugin Contributions

Default Blank screen after License page

Hello all - I've looked through as many posts as well as doing many Google searches, but could not find an answer. I read that the most likely causes for timeouts or blank pages are corrupt files , but I've downloaded the zip files a few times, directly to the server and have even tried different versions, but have the same results.

I'm installing this again for a customer who just setup a new windows server, rather than running it on a Vista PC as he was before. The server is bare bones, with only mysql, php and apache web server installed on it. I've listed the specs of the server below. Can someone tell me please if something in the specifications below stand out and may be causing the installation to hang?

windows server 2003 web edition
    (2) 700mhz Pentium III processors
    1.5 GB memory
    RAID 5 - 106 GB disc space

Thanks

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank screen after License page

PHP version?
    Is CURL enabled in PHP?
    Is OpenSSL support enabled in PHP?
    Is there a firewall blocking access to external services?
    What version of Zen Cart are you trying to install?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr. Byte for the reply. Below is the requested information:

PHP version? 5.3.3
    Is CURL enabled in PHP? Yes 7.20.0
    Is OpenSSL support enabled in PHP? Yes OpenSSL/0.9.8o
    Is there a firewall blocking access to external services? There is a firewall, but I believe all the proper ports are open
    What version of Zen Cart are you trying to install? v1.3.9h

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Go to your /zc_install/includes/installer_params.php file and change line 19 for STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING from FALSE to TRUE. Save the file, and then try again with your browser.
    Also, are there any error messages reported in any zcInstallDEBUG-xxxxxx.log files in your /cache/ folder? If so, what are they?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte - sorry for the delay between replies, as I was out of town for a few days. I changed the parameter (STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING) you mentioned, but there were no log files that were created. The only files I found were session files, so I copied the contents of the latest one:

installerConfigKeys|a:1:{s:8:"language";s:7:"english";}

I checked the ports on the firewall, and port 80 and 443 are open (along with 25 and 587 for mail).

I also wondered if the files weren't being written to the cache folder due to rights, so I opened everything up under the cart directory so that nothing was "read only". Still, no file starting with zcInstallDEBUG was created.

Let me know if you'd like me to post the URL and I can do that.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I guess the URL might help. Put s p a c e s between the letters to prevent it from getting indexed by google.

Plugin Contributions

Here it is

h t t p : / / w w w . a - z e l e c t r o n i c s . n e t / c a r t / z c _ i n s t a l l /

Also, here is the php information if you are curious.

h t t p : / / w w w . a - z e l e c t r o n i c s . n e t / c a r t / p h p T e s t . p h p

Thanks

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Usually if you are sure your configure.php files are correct it's a permissions problem. Make sure your files and directories have the right permissions (owner/group inclusive).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that. I'm having the owner check on is the permissions for the folders. What I don't know (I always try to leave the hosting to hosting professionals) is when a user goes to the site via the browser, what group are they a part of when they access the website? If it is anonymous, I looked at the Security tab for the cart folder, and there isn't an anonymous group. How can I tell what groups outside users are a part of (since the web server is seeing me as that as well when trying to run the install wizard from the browser) in order to ensure the proper rights are set.

thanks again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your hosting company is the one who decides what "group" is appropriate. Every server is different.