Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 6 Days Into Recovering My Site- NEED HELP

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    FAQ on troubleshooting causes of blank pages: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Dr. Byte--- I have looked at probably 500 pages of articles- and actually read that blank page post you just gave me.. BUT- I will look again!!!

:) Thank you.....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniki View Post
    The files I uploaded over the top of the 1.3.9h are these:

Includes/Modules

Includes/Templates/classic
    Includes/Templates/custom
    Includes/Templates/default folders

That's all I put in there..
    That might have been enough. From the 1.3.9g changelog, I see these...

includes/modules/checkout_process.php
    includes/modules/pages/advanced_search/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php
    includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/tpl_ec_button.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php

... and from the 1.3.9h changelog, these...

includes/modules/pages/account_password/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php

That means that your 1.3.9f Includes/Modules upload put back older versions of those files. I've no idea what exactly was changed in those for 1.3.9g and h, but it may be the cause of your problem.

Also, be sure to follow the Doc's link. That may be the simplest way out of your problem at this point.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    That might have been enough. From the 1.3.9g changelog, I see these...

includes/modules/checkout_process.php
    includes/modules/pages/advanced_search/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php
    includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php
    includes/modules/payment/paypal/tpl_ec_button.php

... and from the 1.3.9h changelog, these...

includes/modules/pages/account_password/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php

That means that your 1.3.9f Includes/Modules upload put back older versions of those files. I've no idea what exactly was changed in those for 1.3.9g and h, but it may be the cause of your problem.

Also, be sure to follow the Doc's link. That may be the simplest way out of your problem at this point.

Rob
    I've had a bad feeling that is is the Modules folder that is causing the problem...

i was hoping it wouldn't have been- but looks like I'll have to dig through these- and see which ones are bad...

I think I'll delete the Modules folder that I uploaded from my 1.3.9f backup- and re-upload the 1.3.9h version of the folder- and then go back through the older backed up one- to find my "customized" modules and add ons- for the sidebar etc. etc....

Geeze Louise!!!

I'm guessing that the Modules folder is the one responisible for all actions including logging in- redirecting- etc...

Oh- yes- and I do have the error bug installed- but my cache shows me nothing like what you just posted... I'll look at Dr. Bytes link again too!!

Here we go!!

Thank you for helping me.....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recovering My Site- NEED HELP

Okay- I just cannot win!!!

I deleted the modules and actually the whole includes folder...

THEN_ I lost everything.. ended up uploading almost my whole backup- from the last good working version ( new install )- and I got my store back- with the ugly- non customized template...

BUT- Now- I cannot log into my admin at all...

I keep going in circles- and am tired of uninstalling everything.. I was sooooo close!!!

Still at it- if anyone has suggestions..

Oh- yes- so I deleted the admin folders and files- and re uploaded those too!!! Then - ran fix cache key utility- and it said it finished it...

Still no admin- and no customized store!!

Still need help!!

Plugin Contributions

I'd suggest using a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare and do a side by side comparison of your Backup and a fresh 1.39h install. Compare the files in each directory and carry any custom modifications YOU have made over to the new install but DO NOT modify core files that have been upgraded, leave them as they are in 1.39h.

For example, any custom text you have added, add that to the files in the 1.39h, anything that you see a change in between the new and old that you did to customize your site. Then rather than working piecemeal on one folder at a time upload the whole 1.39h set and start from there.

Then clear your web browser's cache and start reinstalling any mods you have, you'll be surprised how quickly this will work and will certainly be less frustrating
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    I'd suggest using a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare and do a side by side comparison of your Backup and a fresh 1.39h install. Compare the files in each directory and carry any custom modifications YOU have made over to the new install but DO NOT modify core files that have been upgraded, leave them as they are in 1.39h.

For example, any custom text you have added, add that to the files in the 1.39h, anything that you see a change in between the new and old that you did to customize your site. Then rather than working piecemeal on one folder at a time upload the whole 1.39h set and start from there.

Then clear your web browser's cache and start reinstalling any mods you have, you'll be surprised how quickly this will work and will certainly be less frustrating
    Hi Ted.. I have been through Zen Hell this week.. I'm on day 8???? of this "move".. It all started with my host moving me from a windows server to a linux server. And apparently my site that I backed up did not agree with Linux rules ( mistakes in my editing or I don't know what? )-- or I could just have missed a step- ten thousand times....

I've done fresh installs oh- about 15 times- and this last time- I finally did it manually ( 5 times or more ) - following directions in the threads and forums. I have read EVERYTHING.. ( I think)...

Right now- I have both my store- and my admin visible- and almost functioning.. I am having problems though... The Link to my "Graphic Arts" goes to a blank page- BUT- in the browser address bar- it is actually on the page- it's just showing up blank...

Also- I am getting that same blank page- but on the right page effect- when trying to do these things ( so far )

- add to cart or remove item from car
    -sign in or log off
    -go to "graphics art" page

And- I haven't gotten past this part yet- to see if anything else works- like creating an account- or my email- or my checkout process!!

I did the manual install this last time- with version 1.3.9 f because that is what was recommended- as that is where my backup came from...

Now- I have just downloaded a copy of this "half functioning- but visible " site to my local directory- so that I can use winmerge- and compare every single file and folder in my site root...

The cache errors are giving me wierd messages- referring to things already loaded from "here" and something about headers not being able to load. Also- referring to two of my add on custom modules- the absolute links modules- ( i did two ).. But- when I removed them from all 3 folders- that is when it then gave me a blank page to the "graphic arts" link in my site. So- I reloaded them- and still all these issues with blank pages- even though they are showing in addy bar...

If you have any other ideas on what to do- or what files in particular would mess all this up- it may save me some time scouring these folders and files to see what is either duplicated- or missing- without losing everything I've done!!!

I've done this for 8 days straight- and either I have an admin with bare functionality -or a store- or vice versa!!! What a mess...

My admin- is now working 100% and I go into this with utmost caution!!! If I lose this site again- I'll just smash something....

Well- back to comparing files- folders and looking with very tired eyes to see if I can find the culprit (s)...

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Also check your overrides in your custom folders and make sure they are updated because they could be conflicting with the new install......
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Also check your overrides in your custom folders and make sure they are updated because they could be conflicting with the new install......
    Don't mean to sound "stupid" - but I am a little brain fried- with only 4 hours of sleep a night- and working all day on this- and "home life" stuff.. lol...

BUT- in my custom folders- which over rides??? The ones that I did customize from the default- don't "seem" to be the issue- but I guess when I do a file compare- I'll see????

Oh- boy!!!

I just found a folder in my includes folder- and it is named "includes"... Holy hanna.. I'm thinking- it might? have something to do with some of this!!

Thanks bunches.... Still looking..

My ftp program is running full bore- downloading this "half functioning" copy of site and cart- so I can have winmerge look at each folder individually- and help....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniki View Post
    Don't mean to sound "stupid" - but I am a little brain fried- with only 4 hours of sleep a night- and working all day on this- and "home life" stuff.. lol...

BUT- in my custom folders- which over rides??? The ones that I did customize from the default- don't "seem" to be the issue- but I guess when I do a file compare- I'll see????

Oh- boy!!!

I just found a folder in my includes folder- and it is named "includes"... Holy hanna.. I'm thinking- it might? have something to do with some of this!!

Thanks bunches.... Still looking..

My ftp program is running full bore- downloading this "half functioning" copy of site and cart- so I can have winmerge look at each folder individually- and help....
    That extra "includes" folder- inside of includes- has languages- modules and templates in it... Guess I need to look at these 3 more- because they would contain any customized modules I've installed.... Yikes.. Will look at that first I guess- and make sure I have everything I need.....

Plugin Contributions

Database is fine- the install of version h is fine- and all that jazz... I just have to figure out what customizations went wrong...
    Suggest adding one custom module/template at a time...
    then make sure all still working before moving on to the next.
    Have just upgraded site from 1.38a to 139h using this method.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast