Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Paypal express checkout issue...

Hi Susie,

Yes, you are correct, I am staying with the IPN and it does automatically return them to our website after their payment at Paypal has been processed. Yours should be too if you are using the latest version of Zencart v1.3.9

This is actually what causes the "Lost Order" syndrome, is that people do not wait to be automatically returned to our website and they close the Paypal window (even though it tells them that they will be automatically returned to our site).

Hope that this helps to clarify this,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

... and the automatic return to your site only happens if you've enabled that option in your PayPal Website Payment Preferences (as described here http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal) ... AND only if your customer already has a PayPal account. If they don't already have a PayPal account, then the IPN method will present them with yet another screen which invites them to create an account ... and sits there waiting until they choose yes or no, and until they make a decision, your store will never know about the transaction because no IPN is sent to your store until the customer makes a choice, even though payment is collected. Yet another drawback of using the antiquated IPN method in conjunction with an advanced database-driven ecommerce store system.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Awhile back I said I switched to Paypal Express due to the IPN warning errors I have been having. When I DID switch, the IPN warnings got worst so I switched back to Paypal Standard

Checking the records, it shows that the time I switched to Paypal Express, I was getting an IPN failing error.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of ZC were you using at the time?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1.3.9h

Haven't been having any issues yet when I switched back to Paypal Standard.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    Not so fast..Client in Canada places small test order, and gets this at the top of the zencart page as per her email to me:

I just tried to place an order with you, paying vai Paypal. My addresses have not changed, billing OR## ship to. Here is what I get:
    A long RED bar along the top of your site, there is a yeloow triangle with an "!" inside and it says : the address you selected at paypal is not a confirmed address. Please return to paypal and select or add a confirmed address and try again.

So I go check out her customer info and see that her main address is more than likely the same as her "confirmed" shipping address with paypal, but the place she is shipping it to is not the same address, it's her place of business..ok...

So I call paypal and tell them the issue and is there a workaround to allow my clients to use an alternate shipping address in Express Checkout like it works in the old IPN checkout..
    The tech explains that NO, it doesn't work that way and that the client indeed has to have the main confirmed shipping address chosen in zencart in order to process the order.

This is not good for me as some of my customers do not always have their purchases sent to their homes, sometimes the send gifts to friends, sometimes they send items to their work, etc.

Is there no workaround for this? or am I going to have to stay with the old paypal IPN?
    wondergirl,
    If you're willing to try Express Checkout again, I'd like to suggest you make a slight coding change to see if this particular problem goes away properly:
    - edit /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    - around line 1633 (of v1.3.9h version) you'll see code that looks like the following.
    - simply add the two "//" at the beginning of the line, as shown in red here:
    Code:
        if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_CONFIRMED_ADDRESS == 'Yes' && strtoupper($response['ADDRESSSTATUS']) != 'CONFIRMED') {
    //      $this->terminateEC(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_TEXT_CONFIRMEDADDR_ERROR, true, FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING);
        }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    wondergirl,
    If you're willing to try Express Checkout again, I'd like to suggest you make a slight coding change to see if this particular problem goes away properly:
    - edit /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    - around line 1633 (of v1.3.9h version) you'll see code that looks like the following.
    - simply add the two "//" at the beginning of the line, as shown in red here:
    Code:
        if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_CONFIRMED_ADDRESS == 'Yes' && strtoupper($response['ADDRESSSTATUS']) != 'CONFIRMED') {
    //      $this->terminateEC(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_TEXT_CONFIRMEDADDR_ERROR, true, FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING);
        }
    I am going to try to implement this tomorrow, and will try to get someone to test this with the new code change. Ty DrByte. Will keep you informed

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte: I tried to insert the code in the proper place as you suggest but somehow the format you used in a quote box messes up in the php file. I am afraid to try it when it looks like it breaks the formatting.

I should add that I was using "wordpad" to edit, and that might be why, but Windows 7 doesn't have notepad that I can see.
    Last edited by wondergirl; 19 Apr 2011 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You don't need to copy and paste any code. Just add the // to the beginning of the line as shown.

Plugin Contributions

but Windows 7 doesn't have notepad that I can see.
    Click start, then All programs, then accessories folder...
    You will find notepad there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast