Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using Paypal express checkout issue...

latest version of zencart

Well, I installed the paypal express checkout after being advised that the IPN side will be adding new dns etc, and others saying that IPN is antiquated.

Now here's the scenario that arose today.

I tested the new express checkout with two existing clients, one in the U.S. and one in Canada as those are the only two countries I ship to.
    First client (u.s.) dummy order went fine..refunded money. All's good right?

Not so fast..Client in Canada places small test order, and gets this at the top of the zencart page as per her email to me:

I just tried to place an order with you, paying vai Paypal. My addresses have not changed, billing OR## ship to. Here is what I get:
    A long RED bar along the top of your site, there is a yeloow triangle with an "!" inside and it says : the address you selected at paypal is not a confirmed address. Please return to paypal and select or add a confirmed address and try again.

So I go check out her customer info and see that her main address is more than likely the same as her "confirmed" shipping address with paypal, but the place she is shipping it to is not the same address, it's her place of business..ok...

So I call paypal and tell them the issue and is there a workaround to allow my clients to use an alternate shipping address in Express Checkout like it works in the old IPN checkout..
    The tech explains that NO, it doesn't work that way and that the client indeed has to have the main confirmed shipping address chosen in zencart in order to process the order.

This is not good for me as some of my customers do not always have their purchases sent to their homes, sometimes the send gifts to friends, sometimes they send items to their work, etc.

Is there no workaround for this? or am I going to have to stay with the old paypal IPN?

Default Re: Using Paypal express checkout issue...

Change your Express payment module setting.

Change: Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address from Yes to No.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SweetEmotions View Post
    Change your Express payment module setting.

Change: Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address from Yes to No.
    It was already set as such

Plugin Contributions

any other ideas please?

Plugin Contributions

I am going back to IPN until someone has a conclusive answer to this issue. And YES I did have Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address set to NO.

The bottom line is:
    If paypal only takes the confirmed mailing address in the cart, and not the "ship to" address this negates any orders that may be gifts or being sent to a workplace/etc. I have alot of customers that I truly trust to always have their orders sent to their homes but also to friends, family members and their workplaces.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your "bottom line" statement is understood, and indeed Zen Cart does not impose that limitation, and PayPal doesn't normally pose that limitation either unless you don't want to give up your seller-protection for the transaction. ie: if the destination address isn't a paypal-confirmed address, then paypal won't protect you as the seller if there is any dispute in the transaction ... doesn't matter whether it's express or IPN used to do it.

I'd like to see your store's PayPal logs from that attempted transaction. Those should tell some information about what Zen Cart received from PayPal about that customer's status, address info, and seller protection eligibility, etc. If there's anything we can fix on the ZC side, we'll need the logs in order to know.
    I've attempted to replicate the problem but can't, so I must be missing something, and hopefully the logs will give clues.

Granted, if you didn't have the debug logging enabled then there won't be any logs. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your "bottom line" statement is understood, and indeed Zen Cart does not impose that limitation, and PayPal doesn't normally pose that limitation either unless you don't want to give up your seller-protection for the transaction. ie: if the destination address isn't a paypal-confirmed address, then paypal won't protect you as the seller if there is any dispute in the transaction ... doesn't matter whether it's express or IPN used to do it.

I'd like to see your store's PayPal logs from that attempted transaction. Those should tell some information about what Zen Cart received from PayPal about that customer's status, address info, and seller protection eligibility, etc. If there's anything we can fix on the ZC side, we'll need the logs in order to know.
    I've attempted to replicate the problem but can't, so I must be missing something, and hopefully the logs will give clues.

Granted, if you didn't have the debug logging enabled then there won't be any logs. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199
    Yes, the logging wasn't on during the tests unfortunately, but the conversation with paypal clearly leads one to believe that if the PP express checkout is consistantly going to loop back a non confirmed "shipping address" back to your site until the client has that address set as the same as their correct pp address, then I am at a loss. IPN does not perform that way and will allow the customer to use an alternate shipping address. As long as IPN is effective then it is indeed not antiquated for some peoples purposes.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As you wish. Evidently you haven't run into "lost orders" by using the IPN module. Good luck.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    As you wish. Evidently you haven't run into "lost orders" by using the IPN module. Good luck.
    Not in the over 8 yrs I've been using Zencart and paypal IPN. But, again there is the "lost orders" modules for just such a problem right? :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I was reading this post before upgrading to Paypal Express (I am currently using Website Payments Standard) and it caught my attention with the "confirmed address" not allowing a customer's payment because the addresses didn't match.

I sell downloadable products, and with a fair number of customers they provide simple "123 anytown" addresses. As there is no physical shipping this is not a problem for me in their account. Will this cause me problems with payment if I change to Paypal Express?

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast