latest version of zencart

Well, I installed the paypal express checkout after being advised that the IPN side will be adding new dns etc, and others saying that IPN is antiquated.

Now here's the scenario that arose today.

I tested the new express checkout with two existing clients, one in the U.S. and one in Canada as those are the only two countries I ship to.
First client (u.s.) dummy order went fine..refunded money. All's good right?

Not so fast..Client in Canada places small test order, and gets this at the top of the zencart page as per her email to me:

I just tried to place an order with you, paying vai Paypal. My addresses have not changed, billing OR## ship to. Here is what I get:
A long RED bar along the top of your site, there is a yeloow triangle with an "!" inside and it says : the address you selected at paypal is not a confirmed address. Please return to paypal and select or add a confirmed address and try again.

So I go check out her customer info and see that her main address is more than likely the same as her "confirmed" shipping address with paypal, but the place she is shipping it to is not the same address, it's her place of business..ok...

So I call paypal and tell them the issue and is there a workaround to allow my clients to use an alternate shipping address in Express Checkout like it works in the old IPN checkout..
The tech explains that NO, it doesn't work that way and that the client indeed has to have the main confirmed shipping address chosen in zencart in order to process the order.

This is not good for me as some of my customers do not always have their purchases sent to their homes, sometimes the send gifts to friends, sometimes they send items to their work, etc.

Is there no workaround for this? or am I going to have to stay with the old paypal IPN?