Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Changes font styles randomly

The font on this page were added using the HTMLarea feature, and I tried to tidy everything up and get it all the same looking. Part of the text at the bottom is randomly not formatted, and I searched the .css to see what was happening. This seems like a simple fix but I cannot locate it!

Link is here:

http://testmulberry.com/index.php?main_page=page_2

Thx

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changes font styles randomly

are you talking about the Copyright? If so, #siteinfoLegal
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

No, look at the font right under "how this works" it changes to a font that has not been used in the entire page until right then.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it is hard coded into the template you are using...
    Search for this with the developers tool kit under admin panel/ tools
    <font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4">
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

You really need to check up on what you are doing in HTMLArea by looking at the code occasionally. There is such a jungle of contradictory and functionless tags that I can't see what you really have affecting any one bit of text.

I have color-coded some of the sections; the orange is totally functionless, and the<h1> (in red) specifies three different font-families.

<div id="pageTwoMainContent" class="content">

<p><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#EF0800" face="'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; "><b><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-transform: none; "></span></b></span></font></p><div class="sf_pagetitle" style="margin-top: 20px; margin-right: 24px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 24px; background-image: url(http://www.mulberryfundraisers.info/...itleline.jpg); background-position: 0% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "><div style="display: block; "><h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif; letter-spacing: normal; text-transform: none; "><span style="font-family: georgia, times, serif; font-weight: normal; "><font><font><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4">Our motto at Mulberry Fundraisers is &quot;Relax! We do the work.&quot; We provide a complete campaign package including catalogs, marketing materials, and prizes. Mulberry Fundraisers offers brand-name, seasonal products suitable for gift-giving thus creating a <u>true</u> year-round fundraising program. Let us show you how we make fundraising work for you, not you work for fundraising.</font></font></font></span></span></h1><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4"><br /></font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4">Why Us?</font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><hr style="font-size: large; " /><i><font class="Apple-style-span" size="2">Easy Fundraising with trendy, brand name products</font></i></font></div><div><ul><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Profitable!</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Easy - No need to recruit volunteers</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We pack</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We ship</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We label</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We track orders</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">We give <u>you</u> a check!</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No cost</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No risk</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No administration fees</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No advertising fees</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Year-round fundraising! We can start <u>now.</u></font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Flexible</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Custom campaign promotions</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Exceptional customer service</font></li><li><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Exceptional brand name products</font></li></ul><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4"><b>Relax! We do the work.</b></font></div></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4"><b><br /></b></font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="4">How This Works</font></div><hr />Mulberry Fundraisers is a young, vibrant company that utilizes technology in order to make fundraising easy and profitable for you.</div><div style="display: block; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre; ">&nbsp;</span></div><div style="display: block; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre; ">&nbsp;</span>S</span>tep 1. We issue your organization a Give Back number.</div><div style="display: block; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre; ">&nbsp;</span>Step 2. Shop - Ask your family and friends to shop too!</div><div style="display: block; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space: pre; ">&nbsp;</span>Step 3. Enter the Give Back number at checkout.</div><div style="display: block; "><br /></div><div style="display: block; ">20% of the purchase price goes to your organization. Your organization gets a check!</div><div style="display: block; "><br /></div><div style="display: block; "><font class="Apple-style-span" size="4">For More Information</font></div><hr /><div style="display: block; ">A Mulberry Funraiser's sales representatibve would be happy to discuss fundraising opportunities for your organization</div><div style="display: block; "><br /></div><div style="display: block; ">For more information or to request a samle packet, <a href="click here">click here</a></div><div style="display: block; "><br /></div></div><div class="sf_content" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 14px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 14px; "></div><p>&nbsp;</p></div>

I may be able to get to the bottom of it with Firebug...
    Last edited by gjh42; 8 Apr 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing, but it looks like you may have pasted that copy into HTMLArea from some WYSIWYG editor, possibly Apple-based. That's never a good idea.

Plugin Contributions

Pasting from a WYSIWYG editor is never a good idea. What's Apple got to do with it?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Nothing really. I saw this in the code: Apple-style-span and though mentioning Apple might help the OP identify what he may have done wrong. No offense meant - I don't get into the whole OS fanboi thing.

Plugin Contributions

I did paste it, I cannot lie. I did not know the consequences, was merely trying to get some content on the page quickly. As far as coding styles, I have not manually added much code to my style sheet. Seems as though once I pasted it, everything freaked out on each other. Additionally, I must mention that I pasted it directly from our current website - this could be the problem.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Plugin Contributions

Do you know any HTML? If so, you can edit that text in a plaintext editor like Notepad (or better, Notepad++, free from Sourceforge) and strip out the junk. This will let you see what is actually happening (I suspect some of the outlying styles are affecting text far removed from them in the file.)
    Other than that, I would copy the bare text and paste it into Notepad or something that will not pick up the hidden code, then restyle the text carefully in HTMLArea and make sure you don't accumulate junk code around it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast