Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Very Slow Speed Problem

I am building a very large site with many categories and the site has been running very slowly. It takes about 7 or 8 seconds to load any page and this happens both when running the site on my local computer and running it on my server. The admin section also runs slowly when adding products and categories. Is there a limit to the number of categories that can be set up with ZenCart? I think I have around 10,000 categories.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Very Slow Speed Problem

It really depends on the site ... seeing it often will lead to finding better ways to configure it to speed things up ...

Perhaps you have an URL that we could peek at for this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here is the link to the store: http://www.allgermanautoparts.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any Products in the Shop?

Are you planning on using New Products, Featured Products, Specials or Upcoming Products?

If not, you can turn these off in the Configuration ... Index Listing ...

If you look in your Admin on the Tools ... Server Info ... what are the Load Averages that you see?

If you go to the Configuration ... GZip Compression ... and turn on GZip, does this help?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    I have a similar problem, when i go to Server Info I can't find the Load info, is it called something else in 1.3.8?
    Regards
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

It should be right in the top section ... unless your hosting provider is blocking it on your server ...

It would look similar to:
    Server Up Time: 12:00:20 up 113 days, 3:56, 1 user, load average: 0.09, 0.17, 0.17
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by breda View Post
    I have a similar problem, when i go to Server Info I can't find the Load info, is it called something else in 1.3.8?
    Nope, called the same and in the same place, even in very old versions like 1.3.8. Hopefully the attached screenshot will help in their location.

Name:  load-averages.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  20.6 KB
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I think I have around 10,000 categories
    Well, I also hope that you have the biggest high-spec dedicated server to run the site on - because that's not going to run quickly on most shared hosting platforms.

Additionally, with 10,000+ categories no customer is ever going to be able to quickly find what they want.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

There are currently no products in the shop, I have only set up the categories so far. I have disabled the new, featured and upcoming products and turned on Gzip compression but don't see any noticeable speed increase. I think my hosting provider is blocking the load averages because it shows Unsupported next to the Server Up Time. There may be nothing else to do but reduce the number of categories.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chestercat View Post
    There are currently no products in the shop, I have only set up the categories so far. I have disabled the new, featured and upcoming products and turned on Gzip compression but don't see any noticeable speed increase. I think my hosting provider is blocking the load averages because it shows Unsupported next to the Server Up Time. There may be nothing else to do but reduce the number of categories.
    or change your hosting to something more suitable....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast