Thread: Forgot Password

Plugin Contributions

Default Forgot Password

Version 1.3.9, the forgot password is no longer working for me. It worked when I first set up the store about a month ago, but the past couple of days when I click 'forgot password' on my dummy account, it says it sent the email, but I never got one. Tested just sending a test email from the 'send email' and that never got there either. Set up a 2nd dummy account and the welcome email went out fine. I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, but don't know what.

I did recently install the TINY editor, and saw that I'd set it for my email editor, so I changed that back to plain text and the email format is text, but that didn't help. I am not sure what to check, have read through many discussions here but no luck finding a solution yet. It's set to the default PHP, and must be working somewhat for the welcome email to go to the 2nd dummy account, but I don't know what I've done to make it not work. Please let me know what other info might be helpful, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Forgot Password

check your admin setting of email: Admin->Configuration->Email

if that does not help, you have to check the header_php.php of forgot password page to see if zen_mail is working.

As you said, welcome email is working, then this problem should be some codes are not functioning.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what I'm looking for in admin/configuration/email, don't see anything specific to forgotten passwords in those options.

This is really weird - found the password_forgotten.php sitting directly under the admin folder, but all the things I've found show it should be under includes/languages/english/your template, or somewhere there-abouts. I sure don't know what I did to make to be there, but where should it be, and what do I need to know about it? Would the includes folder be the one under the store, or the one under admin which is one level below store.

Thank you, hopefully getting it in the right place will solve the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Found out how to store/archive emails so I can see they're being sent when I check the database. Tried html and no html format, the emails are being sent but do not make it to customer. Tried copying the php page to some of the locations I've seen in other posts, but that caused more problems, a blank page loaded when I clicked forgot password. Any ideas appreciated, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas on what else to check? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I'm sure I'm not understanding, have seen that link several times, and in my mind it seems to be if you lost your password to your store account as the admin, and that's good to know it can be reset, but I think the problem I have may be different. It's when the customer forgets their password to the account they set up in our store, and they click the 'forgot password' link, it will tell them an email went out to them, but it never gets to them, though I have learned how to check the database and see it was sent. I do get other emails from the admin on my test account, for example when I did a test purchase, but am not getting the one containing the password reset info. Hope I'm explaining right, and if I'm not seeing what I should in the link, please let me know, thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Update, have been unable to find solution, and am getting closer to opening up the store for business other than testing, and very much need to get this resolved. The problem is when a customer clicks the 'forgot password' link, it will appear to them as if the email is being sent but it never arrives. Have tried 2 test accounts, neither email has spam filter, and using the php setting for the emails.

Earlier in this thread, I posted this and do not know answer yet.

"This is really weird - found the password_forgotten.php sitting directly under the admin folder, but all the things I've found show it should be under includes/languages/english/your template, or somewhere there-abouts. I sure don't know what I did to make to be there, but where should it be, and what do I need to know about it? Would the includes folder be the one under the store, or the one under admin which is one level below store."

Any ideas for solutions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Plugin Contributions

If anyone else has similar issue, turns out I did it to myself, the solution was to make sure the email address in the tools/admin settings matches the email address in configuration/email options. I had updated the email address in the configuration side so people would see the a particular email, but did not change in the admin settings - apparently they need to match. If there is a way to leave the admin email as it was, as it is the email for all the admin on host, any information on that would be appreciated, though it is more important to have the email working, thank you.