Plugin Contributions

Default One part unreadable (but I may select which one!)

I have a very concrete question, with images and all!

I have had great help from googling these forums, and almost thought I could finish my site without becoming a member and making any posts, but now I ran into a tricky problem.

This text is in the beginning of stylesheet.css:

Code:
    }
    a img {border: none; }
    a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a {
    	color: #000000;
    	text-decoration: none;
    	}
    My problem is that the value "color: #000000;" affects the color of several texts, some of which have black background and some white!

It is version 1.3.9h but I use a Swedish translation which is made for 1.3.8 but has worked very well (and the problems are the same if I switch to English).

And I use a free template called "Darkness", which I think is very similar to the original grenn/white ZenCart template just with some colors changed.

The problems arose when I decided to change this dark (grey & blach) template into a lighter one (white & black mainly) by just editing the color values in stylesheet.css. The result looks very well I think, but the text color is a headache.

I have no idea hos to pursue this. The term "#navEZPagesTOC" doesn't exist in any php file, it only exists in stylesheet.css but at several places there. And the name surprises me, because I havent tried to use any EZ pages yet (I thought EZ pages were like customizable extra pages that you enable when the standard pages don't fit your needs?).

I don't think you get much from visiting my site but here it is anyway: http://t-1000.se/webshop

Best regards
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	When 000000.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	9130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	When ffffff.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	9131  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One part unreadable (but I may select which one!)

Odd and Even rows have their own declarations in the stylesheet, so you could declare font colours against the odd and even references.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

shouldn't you do something like

tr.productListing-even a {
    color:#fff;
    }
    tr.productListing-odd a {
    color:#000;
    }
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

#navEZPagesTOC is the stylesheet designation for an id. This appears in PHP files as id="navEZPagesTOC", so searching for the string with # won't help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies!

The code snippet above is the same in the original template, so I (and the template maker) didn't tamper with it.

In the images you can see that it's the text under "Information" in the left column plus the headings "Article name" and "price" plus headings in a product listing that are all controlled by this same parameter. Seems strange to me these 3 separate items are controlled by 1 parameter!

Making every other line a different color, would that help me at all?

navEZPagesTOC occurs in only one php file: tpl_page_default.php, in \includes\templates\template_default\templates (an original ZenCart file, i e I haven't edited it). But I can't say I have any ideas how to proceed from there.

And the name of "navEZPagesTOC" indicates it has something to do with EZ pages. I haven't used EZ pages, and as you can see the 3 things affected are not on any EZ page.

It all seems very strange to me.

However, I thought of a quick & dirty fix: I set it to medium gray, then it can be read both on white and black background. That'll do for now. I'll try to make it prettier later.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGGG View Post

Making every other line a different color, would that help me at all?

However, I thought of a quick & dirty fix: I set it to medium gray, then it can be read both on white and black background. That'll do for now. I'll try to make it prettier later.
    Hi David

The code i posted would change the heading of each of those products in the listing to a diferent colour depending on if its odd or even, but you could set them to the same colour grey for example, i was mainly trying to show you could set each to a different colour as i had assumed thats what you were after, mind you i think the grey looks better on the white background but a touch washed out on the grey

I find its better to drill down for things like that that are used in multiple places because if at some stage in the future, i need to use ezpages, it means i don't have to work out why the headings that colour, then change it then realise i have effected something else (I did tend to do that type thing)
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a {
    This is both the most generic and the most specific selectors in one rule. a:link applies to all links sitewide, and #navEZPagesTOC ul li a applies only to links inside the ez-page table of contents if you are using it. (It was presumably added because some other rule made those links different from the generic ones.) If you want to change all links on your site, you could edit this rule; if you want to change some specific type of link, find and edit the rule that applies to that, or make a new rule if necessary.