Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Pro - Transaction Data

Hopefully someone has seen this. I have transactions in Zencart where the shipping and tax data are different from what is displayed in Paypal's transactions.

For example, my database has an order with the product price of 37.99 less a 10% discount (3.80) + shipping (6.45) and then tax of 3.35 for a gross of 43.99

In Paypal, I see the Gross of 43.99, but shipping of 6.98 and a sales tax of 2.82.

Does Paypal regularly alter the data that comes from Zencart or am I missing something? It just makes it impossible to use Paypal's reports if the data isn't accurate.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Pro - Transaction Data

It probably had to fudge something when the data was submitted because PayPal doesn't like negative numbers, ie: discounts.

But, without knowing ALL the details on how EXACTLY to recreate your exact same transaction on a brand new uncustomized fresh install, including all your tax, currency, zone, pricing, sales, etc settings, along with the transaction logs from your store for that transaction, it's near impossible to offer you anything specific in terms of response.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Pro - Transaction Data

Thanks for the response DrByte. I'm pursuing this on the Paypal side as the Zencart data is perfect. Instead of just accepting the numbers on the Paypal side, Paypal is recalculating them. The tax number is being calculated before shipping. In Texas, we have to add tax after shipping charges. So that's part of the problem. Paypal must then be recalculating the shipping to compensate.

How is it a free program can do so many things right and one that charges me out the wazoo can mess up something that seems so simple? No need to respond...