Plugin Contributions

Default Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format

I'm not sure that this is the right section for this problem. According to usa-epay everything is working.

If you use a proper CC number, date and CVS code, it goes through with no problem.

If you use a wrong CC number, date or CVS you get a page that cant be read. This is the address in the

My problem is when their server sends back an error it's not displayed correctly. Here is what I was told:
    declines are displayed correctly but

errors are not displayed correctly
    seems like anything coming back with a status error cannot be displayed, it's as if a page is missing, maybe when a template was installed it was accidentally removed

I have zencart 1.3.9h no upgrade, installed this last week.
    I have php 5.2.14
    Template is back to Classic Contemporary Green from free_zen_cart_template2
    It's hosted on Lunarpages
    I am using usa_epay for payment method

Plugin Contributions

Default Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format

I'm not sure that this is the right section for this problem.

According to usa-epay everything is working between my zen cart and their server except my cart don't seem to know what to do with a CC error.

If you use a proper CC number, date and CVS code, it goes through with no problem.

If you use a wrong CC number, date or CVS you get a page that cant be read. IE says "Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format" Opera and Chrome just gives me a blank window.

My problem is when USA-epay's server sends back an error it doesn't get displayed correctly (actually it don't get displayed at all).

This is in the address bar on Chrome (the other browser don't show the address):http://thefishfactoryonline.com/shop/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment&payment_error=usaepay_api&error=The+credit+ card+number+starting+with+1111+was+not+entered+correctly%2C+or+we+do+not+accept+ that+kind+of+card.+Please+try+again+or+use+another+credit+card.&usaepay_api_cc_o wner=Bryan+Glass&usaepay_api_cc_expires_month=01&usaepay_api_cc_expires_year=11

Here is what I was told by a tech at USA-epay:
    Quote:
    declines are displayed correctly but

errors are not displayed correctly
    seems like anything coming back with a status error cannot be displayed, it's as if a page is missing from your script, maybe when a template was installed it was accidentally removed
    so why doesn't a page show up? None of the browsers I've tried can' display a page, I think something is missing in my install.

You can see yourself, there is one fake item in the store, just purchase it with a bad CC number like 1111111111111111 and see, the cart is here: http://thefishfactoryonline.com/shop/

I have zencart 1.3.9h no upgrade, installed this last week.
    I have php 5.2.14
    Template is back to Classic Contemporary Green from free_zen_cart_template2
    It's hosted on Lunarpages
    I am using usa_epay for payment method

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format

You're probably facing a 406 error message because your payment module is outdated and is passing very long $_GET parameters via the URL instead of properly setting error messages in the $messageStack, and thus you're triggering the built-in security mechanism which is intended to prevent abuse of very long URL parameters.

This is discussed in many other forum threads, and is a problem when using outdated addons build for older versions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying, but I was kinda hoping for some help. I'm deep into this project and this is the only place I can go for help. I'm not great at code, but I need to make this work.

USA_epay recomended zen, this is my 3rd attempt at a cart (1st with zen), if I don't get it something working my customer is going to bail out on me. If I could pay for support I would.

usa-epay says they have a lot up people using zen, so is there a way I can make it work??

My customer has a contract with usa-epay so I have to use them.

The reason I got this job is because his old webmaster left him hanging with a server that sucked and a shopping cart that ony he knew. His server ended up getting hacked and everyone visiting his site was getting infected. Now I'm trying to help him get back up and running and I'm charging very little, mainly just for my time, I don't do much web design, I do computer repair.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.