Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default // eof --- caused by Google Checkout addon

really weird, but on my checkout_payment page
    at the very top iv got // EOF
    now iv looked through several files and cannot find where this // EOF is coming from.
    Code:
    <body id="checkoutpaymentBody">
    // EOF
    <title>Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information : Tools-Draper, power tools: hand tools: garden tools: air tools: air hose: king ######## tools: pop met bearings</title>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
    <meta content="Draper Sealey tools, diy tools, tool, power tools, hand tools, drills, saws, silverline, draper, draper tools, tools-draper, draper power tools, expert, draper expert Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information" name="keywords">
    <meta content="Tools-Draper : Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information - Draper Sealey tools, diy tools, tool, power tools, hand tools, drills, saws, silverline, draper, draper tools, tools-draper, draper power tools, expert, draper expert" name="description">
    this is the code drawn from firefox web developer
    this eof is coming before anything else...but from what file!!!
    iv used "developer toolkit" to try and find it but after removing from files i thought would affect this its still there :S
    i may not know how yet, but i soon will....i hope :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: // eof

well after going through each file shown up on developers tool kit with // EOF
    and removing it, uploading then CTRL+f5
    still there!!!
    wtf!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's probably in an extraneous file you've got on your server, such as a backup file that shouldn't have been left online. Classic example would be in the /includes/modules/pages/ folders where the header_php.php files should NOT be renamed as header_php_old.php etc, else they'll still be loaded. If you "must" rename a file as a backup/copy, DO NOT leave a ".php" extension on the filename, regardless which folder it's in.

Further, when did this *start* happening? That should help you sort out what you were changing back then.

Next step is to compare your server's files with a clean set of files from when the extraneous stuff didn't appear. http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also, you seem to be re-posting the same issue in yet another thread ... why are you creating multiple discussions on the same issue?
    ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178039

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Also, you seem to be re-posting the same issue in yet another thread ... why are you creating multiple discussions on the same issue?
    ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178039
    reason for seperate thread was due to different location of the EOF....
    i resolved that problem and posted that it was resolved...

Plugin Contributions

It's probably in an extraneous file you've got on your server, such as a backup file that shouldn't have been left online. Classic example would be in the /includes/modules/pages/ folders where the header_php.php files should NOT be renamed as header_php_old.php etc, else they'll still be loaded. If you "must" rename a file as a backup/copy, DO NOT leave a ".php" extension on the filename, regardless which folder it's in.

Further, when did this *start* happening? That should help you sort out what you were changing back then.

Next step is to compare your server's files with a clean set of files from when the extraneous stuff didn't appear. http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    only appeared when i moved to new server :S

Plugin Contributions

ok dont know what i did, but its gone now lol :S weird

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spid3r1987 View Post
    ok dont know what i did, but its gone now lol :S weird
    ignore above, looked at wrong page...
    only on the checkout_payment page.....

Plugin Contributions

by any chance, you dont happen to have a list of files which are called when the "checkout_payment" page is loaded?
    this way i can check these files and locations for duplicates???

Plugin Contributions

The cause is the use of a PHP comment in an HTML block. Search under Tools >> Developers Toolkit for // eof

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast