Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your database appears to need patching to a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Looks like your /admin/includes/configure.php is pointing to a different set of database credentials than your /includes/configure.php is.
    They need to have the SAME settings for all the DB_xxxxxx parameters, else they're showing you completely different data.

And, remember, if the configure.php file is read-only, you won't be able to upload/edit it without making it writable first.
    Ah! I have a DEV DB running at the same time.

Eep!

My bad - all well now.

Good work ZEN Folk

I have been ZENNING so long now I should try and help out a bit too.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried another upgrade following step by step and have given up. Changing to Virtuemart. ( Sept 2011 )

ZEN developers really need to work on making upgrades easier or write better documentation.

Sorry...while I do appreciate the work put into the actual product and used to love it, when my site using the old version keeps getting hacked due to security holes and I spend hours trying "three easy steps" and still cannot get an upgrade to take it is time to cut my losses ( time and labor and downtime ) and just make a change to something easier to maintain.

I would love to come back to ZEN if/when an auto-update function is developed.

And yes...when I exported my old SQL both that and the new DB are encoded UTF-8 according to phpMyAdmin

[FONT="Georgia"]1253 COLLATION 'latin1_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'
    in:
    [CREATE TABLE counter_history_clean as SELECT * FROM counter_history WHERE 1 GROUP BY startdate COLLATE latin1_general_ci;]
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you didn't apply the fix I suggested earlier in this thread. Here's the link: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=40

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am hosted on GoDaddy. I had to upgrade to a new server in order to upgrade from 1.3.8a.1 to 1.3.9h. That took a few days and it was all done today.
    I had alrady backed up all my databases before starting the process. (I have several carts installed.) OK- one at a time.
    I started with one cart today. I uninstalled it... thru Godaddy uninstall....but I SAVED the database... AND GoDaddy saves my custom files on the uninstall process.
    Then I installed the 1.3.9h in the same folder where the old one was. Godaddy creates the new database automatically. Then I changed the two configure files to point to the old database.
    Well that was wrong because I was getting the 'Your database appears to need patching to a higher level" message. My site being 1.3.9h and the database 1.3.8
    I guess the old database will not work in the new upgrade.

I just changed the configure files back to point to the new database. Rats. I really don't want to individually upload over 1000 items into my cart in the new database, but looks like I am stuck.

If I get into my new SQL acct. and import the databse will that work? ... or will it just override the new tables and ruin it?

Plugin Contributions

No, because the old databse is still an old version....you need to upload the zc_install folder, import the old db, then go to http://yourdomain.com/zc_install, accept the license, next page scroll to bottom and click the upgrade database......

or you can skip the import old db to the new database, and just point the config files at the old db and run the upgrader....
    Last edited by barco57; 15 Nov 2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    That is what I though... old is old. It can not work in the newer version.
    OK.. lets see if I understand you.
    First, I have not used the "zencart install" before (since I am on GoDaddy - I just click and they install) so excuse me for being lost in this area.

So you say to import the db first. Where do I import it to?
    Am I to import it into my current SQL (godaddy has my SQL on a different server) - or upload it somewhere in within the cart files?- or zc_install >sql file? Run the upgrader there & then put the file in my sql on the other server? Will it run the upgrader to my SQL file on the other server directly?
    What does the upgrader actually do to the files?
    If I get it in my head correctly first I can work with it easier.
    I sure would like an easy way to import my products and customers info. This sounds easy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456