Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1096
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Hi guys.

    Im working on one eshop and customer wanted to be able to see large images when hovering over the product´s image. I have installed the IH3, and now, after she seen it, she also wants the little category image to have the same. I told her there is no point really to use this feature for a small category image (the one above the products - in the middle of the screen - after you click on any category), but she just WANTS IT!

    Could you help me? Where and how can I add this feature to those little cat.images ?

    Thank you.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    Hi guys.

    Im working on one eshop and customer wanted to be able to see large images when hovering over the product´s image. I have installed the IH3, and now, after she seen it, she also wants the little category image to have the same. I told her there is no point really to use this feature for a small category image (the one above the products - in the middle of the screen - after you click on any category), but she just WANTS IT!

    Could you help me? Where and how can I add this feature to those little cat.images ?

    Thank you.
    You do not say which version of Zen Cart you are using. If your store is a Zen Cart version 1.5 .1 shop you should be using image handler 4. And there is a completely different support thread for image handler 4.. secondly regardless of which version of image handler you are using there is no support for on hover of the category images. Its not a feature that has ever been included nor are there any plans to include this feature. That said the only suggestion I can give you is to employ the services of a developer who can create this feature for you.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Thank you Diva.

    Im using 1.3.9 version, as there is no language update for version 1.5.
    Therefore I have used IH3 version.
    I know that there is no feature on hover of category images....I was thinking how could I add that feature to those images.
    When moving my mouse over the images of products in category, it shows the large image, so I thought it should not be a
    big issue to do that also for the category image, but Im not that good in coding (I can only do some easy changes in css
    and php...ect).

    Thank you.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    Thank you Diva.

    Im using 1.3.9 version, as there is no language update for version 1.5.
    Therefore I have used IH3 version.
    Not sure what you mean by this.. Are you referring to Zen Cart v1.5 language files??

    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    I know that there is no feature on hover of category images....I was thinking how could I add that feature to those images.
    When moving my mouse over the images of products in category, it shows the large image, so I thought it should not be a
    big issue to do that also for the category image, but Im not that good in coding (I can only do some easy changes in css
    and php...ect).

    Thank you.
    To be honest the on-hover feature is the ONE feature of this add-on that has NOTHING to do with it's real purpose (image management). I'm not sure why your client feels that this is a MUST HAVE feature, it adds NOTHING to the site to enhance the sale of actual products.. but to each their own I say..

    As I said, its not a feature that has ever been included nor are there any plans to include this feature. So as I previously stated, the only suggestion I can give you if your client is INSISTING on this feature and it's beyond the scope of your knowledge to execute, you will need to employ the services of a developer who can create this feature for you.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this.. Are you referring to Zen Cart v1.5 language files??
    Yes, I was referring to language files for 1.5, as my language is only available up to version 1.3.9 of zencart. Sorry for my bad english :)

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    To be honest the on-hover feature is the ONE feature of this add-on that has NOTHING to do with it's real purpose (image management). I'm not sure why your client feels that this is a MUST HAVE feature, it adds NOTHING to the site to enhance the sale of actual products.. but to each their own I say..

    As I said, its not a feature that has ever been included nor are there any plans to include this feature. So as I previously stated, the only suggestion I can give you if your client is INSISTING on this feature and it's beyond the scope of your knowledge to execute, you will need to employ the services of a developer who can create this feature for you.
    Yes, she is INSISTING to have the "category image - zoom on hover" feature, even if I told her hundred times it means nothing for the site, as she is not selling the category, but the products. She still wants it though, which is doing my head in....lol
    Anyway....thanks for your replies. I will have to look around for something, or I will just simply tell her it needs additional coding which will cost another 200USD and hopefuly she will refuse to pay additional fees...lol :)

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    Yes, I was referring to language files for 1.5, as my language is only available up to version 1.3.9 of zencart. Sorry for my bad english :)
    No worries.. That's no reason to not upgrade.. You can EASILY create a set of language defines for v1.5 ion your desired language by updating the v.1.3.9 defines you currently use.. Simply use a file comparison program and compare the default Zen Cart v1.5 English language files to the ones you are using for your language in Zen Cart v1.3.9. All you need to do is add any NEW v 1.5 defines to the v1.3.9 language defines, translate them from English to your desired language and you now have a set of language files that can be used in Zen Cart v1.5 for your language.. It's not hard.. Just tedious, but totally doable..



    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    Yes, she is INSISTING to have the "category image - zoom on hover" feature, even if I told her hundred times it means nothing for the site, as she is not selling the category, but the products. She still wants it though, which is doing my head in....lol
    Anyway....thanks for your replies. I will have to look around for something, or I will just simply tell her it needs additional coding which will cost another 200USD and hopefuly she will refuse to pay additional fees...lol :)
    Tell her the TRUTH.. Adding this feature WILL take additional coding, and it WILL cost HER additional money.. and I suspect it's going to be more than $200.. Honestly speaking, it's a completely USELESS feature she is asking for (which is probably why NO ONE has developed anything like it that I'm aware of). I'll even go out on a limb and say it's a stupid feature.. It adds NO VALUE to the store, and honestly from the shoppers perspective I think they will find it rather annoying... Good luck though..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vic, Oz
    Posts
    1,905
    Plugin Contributions
    5

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    I am having a small issue with IH3 on zen-cart 1.39h
    When I clear the cached images if always leaves the folders 0, 3, 4 and f and all their files intact
    All the other directories are erased as expected.
    I can remove these directories (and their files) with ftp or cpanel's file manager.

    It isn't causing any problems as such, but it leaves me curious as to what actually going on?
    I have checked (and played) with permissions but it makes no difference.
    No errors are being generated either

    Anyone have an idea as to whats causing this?

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    I am having a small issue with IH3 on zen-cart 1.39h
    When I clear the cached images if always leaves the folders 0, 3, 4 and f and all their files intact
    All the other directories are erased as expected.
    I can remove these directories (and their files) with ftp or cpanel's file manager.

    It isn't causing any problems as such, but it leaves me curious as to what actually going on?
    I have checked (and played) with permissions but it makes no difference.
    No errors are being generated either

    Anyone have an idea as to whats causing this?
    Not off the top of my head.. but it was fixed in IH4.. For now manually deleting the "remmnants" is the only solution..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vic, Oz
    Posts
    1,905
    Plugin Contributions
    5

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Not off the top of my head.. but it was fixed in IH4.. For now manually deleting the "remmnants" is the only solution..
    ok thanks for that, glad to know that it is a "known" problem and not just my install of it.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,023
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Image Handler 3 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    ok thanks for that, glad to know that it is a "known" problem and not just my install of it.
    Nah.. It's not you at all..

    I can't remember off the top of my head what was done to fix this in IH4, I just know it is fixed..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. v150 Image Handler 4 (for v1.5.x) Support Thread
    By DivaVocals in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1681
    Last Post: 5 Feb 2021, 12:59 PM
  2. AJAX IMAGE Swapper support thread
    By jaycode in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 785
    Last Post: 13 Jan 2016, 11:48 PM
  3. v138a Image Handler 2 (for ZC v1.3.8 ONLY) Support
    By timkroeger in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7098
    Last Post: 12 Oct 2014, 03:48 AM
  4. Image Titles Support Thread
    By gjh42 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 9 Sep 2014, 04:51 AM
  5. Image Handler Support Please
    By nadinesky in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30 Sep 2013, 03:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR