Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

cart error Checkout success, but no order is generated, using Payfast gateway

Zencart version: 1.3.9h, newly installed.
    I installed an addon created by Payfast.co.za, a South African payment gateway.
    Customisations: I have created a new template and changed colours and logo.

I have set up my store and created products. I also used the Payfast addon to the payments module to collect payment from customers using the Payfast gateway.

I have been testing the site and everything works as I would expect, all emails are sent, gift certificates are sent and redeemed when new customers register, etc.

Problem: When a proceeding to checkout, the site gets redirected to the Payfast payment gateway and payment is collected. Payfast redirects back to my site after payment has been collected and I get to the Checkout Success page.

However, no order is created. No order number is generated so the order number field on Checkout Success is blank. When I log into the admin panel and view the Orders report, there are no orders. If a gift certificate was used in the purchase, the balance is reset as if it had not been used.

I do receive email confirmations from the Payfast gateway showing that payments have been collected and my Zencart site seems to receive the confirmation from Payfast because it shows the Checkout Success page, but no order is created.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this.

Many thanks
    Bruce

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout success, but no order is generated

have you tried setting the order status of the Payfast payment gateway to "pending"

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout success, but no order is generated

Yes, both the 'Set preparing order status' and 'Set acknowledged order status' are both set to pending.
    The purchases don't appear in Zencart at all. Stock levels remain unchanged, gift certificate balances are not used up and customers have no purchase history.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout success, but no order is generated, using Payfast gateway

Evidently something's not correct with your Payfast gateway or the Payfast module you're using.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much. I will pursue support from the Payfast payment gateway as a next step.

The thing that made me think that the problem was not with the payment gateway is that after making payment, the payment gateway does properly redirect back to my store and the Checkout Success page is displayed. That makes me think that a success message is being received from the payment gateway, but somehow it is not generating the order. Not sure if this logic is correct though - would Zencart display the Checkout Success page if a success message was not received from the payment gateway?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, hopefully we can find help to solve the problem for both of us.

I have also been through the book numerous times to check that I have configured everything correctly. I also rechecked the installation of the add-on from Payfast and that all appears to be correct. Also searched through the FAQs and can't find that anyone else has experienced a similar problem so far.

Plugin Contributions

Another possibility: I'm using iPage hosting. Any connection there with you?

Plugin Contributions

No connection there, I am using Gridhost as my hosting provider.

Plugin Contributions

I have managed to resolve this issue. Surprisingly, it seems that it is quite possible for Checkout Success page to be displayed without an order being generated.

This issue had to do with the integration module from Payfast. It was configured for the admin folder to be called 'admin', but on my installation it is called 'zc_admin'. The zc_ prefix may have been added by my hosting provider as they offer Zencart to users as preinstalled software in the hosting package along with a number of other cart options.

Thanks to Dr Byte and Soniccc for your responses and patience. KevinjatMB, maybe checking the folder names in the Authorize.NET payment module will help resolve the problem for you too.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    I have managed to resolve this issue. Surprisingly, it seems that it is quite possible for Checkout Success page to be displayed without an order being generated.

This issue had to do with the integration module from Payfast. It was configured for the admin folder to be called 'admin', but on my installation it is called 'zc_admin'. The zc_ prefix may have been added by my hosting provider as they offer Zencart to users as preinstalled software in the hosting package along with a number of other cart options.

Thanks to Dr Byte and Soniccc for your responses and patience. KevinjatMB, maybe checking the folder names in the Authorize.NET payment module will help resolve the problem for you too.
    HI
    HAVE SAME PROBLEM - GRIDHOST cant help - PayFast redirect to Zen Cart!!! so where am I going to get help ! Have checked the settings - also renaming the zc admin ---- is there another file (in Payfast) maybe that should be changed with the new admin file name???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast