Plugin Contributions

Default Price By Attribute not attributing price correctly

So, in the process of uploading some new products (picture frames) to our site, and in the interest of keeping things simple and clean, I'm doing one entry per design, and then setting the various sizes as attributes. If I put a "Starting At" price in the main product page, IE: $45, and then set the attributes at progressive sizes/prices ($45, $55, $60 etc) it keeps adding my attribute price to the main price when you go to the checkout. Ok, I get why that might happen, but not how to fix it. I've tried telling it to price by attribute on both the main page and the attribute page, I've removed the plus sign in the attribute price-set box, and I've set the main page price at $0. Setting it at $0 TECHNICALLY works for the shopping cart, except that it shows the frames as "Starting at $0.00" on both the products listing page, and the individual item page. Another issue I've noticed, is if I have a sale applied to the product, it only applies towards the main price, IE: 8x10 frame at $45 + 50% off = 22.50. Select 8x10 attribute (again, normally $45) from the drop down = $67.50 in the shopping cart. If I set the main price at $0, then it's still $45 in the cart. Same with other size/price choices.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible, or even make sense? I feel like it's something really simple and stupid that I'm missing here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price By Attribute not attributing price correctly

It is possible, just that there are several settings to validate correctly set.

So, want the product to be priced by attribute with the attribute's price representing the price of the product not the amount to add to the base price of the product.

So, the basic setup (covered by the FAQ on attributes) would be:
    Product's price is 0.
    Product marked as priced-by-attribute.
    In the attributes controller, it is highly suggested to have a value that is display only, defaulted and not included in the base price of the product such as: 'select size...'.

Then starting at the smallest/cheapest size, enter the attribute's price for that size, validate that the selection for display only is off, that the default selection is off, that the discounted box is checked and that the base price box is checked.

Repeat that for each subsequently priced attribute. Use a plus or any symbol other than a negative to represent the value to be displayed along with the price, though would say an empty spot is the better option.

Now with regards to what is seen on the product page when one or more specific discounts are applied is still being corrected, but from the sounds of it your issue should be easily resolved.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That worked out perfectly, Thank you! Only weird thing to note, I had the frames initially set at 50% off via Sale Maker, but they still wouldn't show as discounted in the shopping cart. When I set it via Specials though, then it shows both the discount rate on the main page, as well as in the attributes drop-down and shopping cart. A bit more work, but if it works, it works.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    That worked out perfectly, Thank you! Only weird thing to note, I had the frames initially set at 50% off via Sale Maker, but they still wouldn't show as discounted in the shopping cart. When I set it via Specials though, then it shows both the discount rate on the main page, as well as in the attributes drop-down and shopping cart. A bit more work, but if it works, it works.
    Don't want to overly state the obvious, but are you sure that the items you are trying to indicate as being on sale have the particular category as the master category for that product? Another tact is, does the associated price not appear just for this/these product or is the problem for any/every on sale item?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...