Default UPS shipping question

Okay, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I sell products in bulk. So basically 1 product = 1 box. Is there any way I can adjust the shipping module to do this? Instead of figuring out how many boxes by weight/max weight, just set boxes to number of items in order?

My shipping prices for one box are close enough to what they should be. But if someone orders multiple boxes, it throws the whole thing out of whack and I am starting to lose too much money on the shipping. There is no way to set the max weight per box to divide it up into the number of boxes since everything is a different weight.

For example, if someone orders 8 boxes of pill boxes, it shows as 2 boxes of 52 lbs each for $94 shipping (have max set to 75 lbs). The correct answer is 8 boxes at 13 lbs each for $148. Loss of 50 dollars in shipping totals there, and the only thing I can figure is the number of boxes is waaaayyyyy off.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I just can't figure out what vars to use in the shipping module in order to get this to work.

Thanks again,

Will
    http://www.cheaperbyfar.com

Default Re: UPS shipping question

Okay, I figured part of it out. I was using the UPS XML version. It seems it doesnt add the totals together for the boxes. It was saying 2x50 lbs and only getting a quote for 50 lbs which is why my shipping was way off.

I'm still looking into this, and any help is still appreciated, but I'm getting closer, lol.

Default Re: UPS shipping question

But do still need to find a way to break it up into by number of boxes. Last step of the puzzle.