Plugin Contributions

Default What are "medium" and "large" images called in admin, and which size are recommended?

Hello. I'm a complete newbie, I use 1.3.9. I've not uploaded any product pictures to my site yet. I've understood that I must upload images in 3 sizes; small medium and large. And I've understood that before I upload I should decide which size I want the images to be under admin>configuration>images. I see the "small image" on the list at admin>configuration>images, but what are the "medium" and "large" called?

What is the maximum recommended size for the small/medium/large images? I'll be selling handbags, shoes and jewelry, and I guess no-one will buy it if the images are too small...
    Thanks for answers. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What are "medium" and "large" images called in admin, and which size are recommen

There are two basic ways to do the images for your site:
    1. You can manually create all the small, medium and large images and put them in the proper folders. Your choice as to size, but be sure to make them no larger (in pixel count/file size) than they need to be to minimize page load times.
    2. Just create the large image for each product and let the Image Handler mod do the work for you. (Get IH from Free Software Add Ons, link top-left on any forum page.)

admin>Configuration>Images is where you set the space that will be allocated for images when ZC renders the page. You should ensure that the actual images you create fit within those sizes so the browser doesn't have to resize them to fit.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What are "medium" and "large" images called in admin, and which size are recommen

There's an excellent article about images in the Tutorials/FAQ, if you haven't read it already. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=224

Like Rob, I was going to suggest IH2 as an alternative. It's in use on the Holzheimer's site in my sig below if you want to see what it does. I only have to upload one image (basically, the largest one) and IH2 does the rest.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for friendly replies, though neither of you didn't answered my questions...
    I have already read the page you told me about (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=224), but it does not answer my questions either:
    What are "medium" and "large" images called in admin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nina_Paris_France View Post
    What are "medium" and "large" images called in admin?
    They are not "called" anything. There are various settings found under admin -> configuration -> images. You can use those settings to determine the width and height for images shown on certain page. However, medium and large images are displayed only on the product info page. You'll have the product listing page (or category page if you like) and it'll show a list of products with small images (note it's a different setting, not small image W/H). Then, when you open a certain product, medium image is displayed. You can click on that image to enlarge it - that's when you'll get the large one.