Plugin Contributions

link problem need help with music preview snippets setup

Thanks in advancke for anyone's help. I am new to zencart. I am selling sheet music, hard copy by default but with an optional download selection for each product. In other words the customer can purchase either the hard copy which I mail to them or a PDF file which they can download after purchase. I've been trying for the past few evenings to get a mp3 preview to display for the customer but I'm doing something wrong somewhere because as a customer the preview is never revealed. Actually when I'm setting up the media manager, when attaching the snippet to a product it always shows "0" for "linked products". I've read the article in FAQs and this seams simple enough, but I'm missing something.

Again, any insite would be helpful.

I'm making a test drive of Zen Cart hoping to use it to develope the new site for our business.

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: need help with music preview snippets setup

I'm guessing you created the products as "Product - General" instead of "Product - Music", which would prevent them from showing up in Media Manager, and thus preventing you from linking the media clips to the products.
    If that's the case, you'll need to delete the product and recreate it using the correct product-type from the pulldown menu prior to clicking on the "New Product" button.

See also the Similar Threads section at the bottom of this page for other related discussions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

All of my products are setup as Music products, I have no General or other products.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's a URL where I can see this product in your store?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here is a url of one of the products. I only have a few listed so far, I'm just trying to get all of the mechanics working first to make sure I want to use zen cart. So far I like zen cart but I really need to figuire this snippet thing out first.

c l h a r r i s .com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=3

I need to also mention again that even though I go through the steps to assign a collection name to a product, Linked Products always equals 0. So it would seam to me this is related to the problem?

Thanks for taking the time to help.
    Last edited by twh7458; 14 May 2011 at 12:30 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Also, what is that green section underneath the download options?

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, I got it! I finally located a reply you provided on November 19th 2010 on the very same subject: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168587

Now I have more playing and learning to do.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Providing a link to that forum post would be helpful!