Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Geographic area Paypal problem

PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.3.9h), getting this error on 99% of checkouts, with seemingly random successful orders mixed in:

We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order.

My full address is correctly showing in the ...action.log

I swear i have looked and looked through all of the forum and on other sites that mention the same problem, mostly from last year.

I am using v1.3.9h, and every time i see a solution i a post, i get excited. When I go to apply it, it's already been applied in this version.

Fixes I found, but were already there:
    - Shipping/payment zones in admin are all set to "none"
    - line 1685 or something, in paypalwpp.php: (from http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155664 )
    Code:
        global $order;
        $order->info['total'] = $response['AMT'];
    ...and one or two others that i can't find now.

Some of the log, but with details changed:
    [payer_lastname] => testerson
    [payer_business] =>
    [payer_status] => verified
    [ship_country_code] => US
    [ship_address_status] => Confirmed
    [ship_phone] =>
    [order_comment] =>
    [ship_name] => test testerson
    [ship_street_1] => 6111 Testy Circle
    [ship_street_2] =>
    [ship_city] => Lakeland
    [ship_state] => FL
    [ship_postal_code] => 33803
    [ship_country_name] => United States

This is a new install, straight to v1.3.9h.

I guess that's all i can mention... help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Geographic area Paypal problem

That typically happens when you have zone restrictions applied to your PayPal modules, and the customer is attempting to do checkout using an address that's not within the zone assigned to the module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply!

That's what i've read, but i can't figure out why there would be a mismatch. Cart has every country enabled still, including US, and all addresses tested have been US too.

Is there something else it could be? Like the value being dropped somewhere along the line?

Plugin Contributions

...All shipping/payment zones are set to none, except for tax.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would need to see detailed PP debug logs to see what's exactly the cause. Most likely some unacceptable address translation by mixing countries.

Turn on logging as described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199
    Then recreate the problem.
    Then download and zip the log files, and upload the zip to someplace on your server, and then PM me with the URL to the file so I can access them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte

Can i send you a link for the same problem, i too have read as many threads as i can, checked and double checked the settings but i do not seem to be getting anywhere.

regards
    malc

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. I just gave up on paypal for now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCarPartsOnline View Post
    I have the same problem. I just gave up on paypal for now.
    Just done the same now since no fix for it.
    At least i am taking money again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't get it.

I've set up a clean new store, with demo products and no other alterations at all except turning on PayPal EC and configuring it, and tried a PayPal checkout using the same address as in the logs sent by bluedye and get no error.

What would I need to do to change my fresh install to mimic your store so that I could trigger the problem?
    Do I need to delete a bunch of countries? (I'm testing US store with US customer addresses)
    Change some currencies? (I'm using USD)
    What taxes have you set up? (I'm using just the FL tax from demo data)
    What zones have you set up? (I'm using just the FL zone from demo data)
    Languages added? (I'm just using built-in english)
    Are these products on sale/special? (I've tested using just the sales/specials in demo data, and products *not* on sale/special as well)
    Other addons?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by malc View Post
    Hi DrByte

Can i send you a link for the same problem, i too have read as many threads as i can, checked and double checked the settings but i do not seem to be getting anywhere.

regards
    malc
    Hi,
    I've looked at the logs you sent. For some reason, which I can't ascertain from the logs, PayPal isn't sending back any address details with your transaction.
    Did you do something to trick PayPal into not requiring you to supply an address for your purchase?
    Zen Cart is taking the blank address and determining that "blank" doesn't match any existing country/zone options, and is rejecting it for that reason. If it accepts it without any address information, then it would be allowing the transactions to put incomplete/corrupt data into your database. And of course you don't want that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast