Plugin Contributions

Default Apo-fpo shipping

Hi. We offer free shipping on orders over $100. Orders under $100 incur a $11.95 Handling charge. On APO-FPO addresses we want to charge an additional $11.95 Handling charge since we can only use USPS and have to travel to our local USPS to ship.

I've tried different configurations and have failed. I created a shipping zone called APO-FPO inserting all six APO/FPO zones. I enabled the USPS shipping module but do not want to create an account but I don't think it will work the way we want it.

How can we do this in another way?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apo-fpo shipping

How are you handling the Free Shipping over $100? If you can set that method to zones, you would have to set a zone for Free Shipping Over $100, select all states which you want to charge Free shipping to. Then create another Zone for $11.95 Shipping and select the states/APO that you don't want to offer free shipping for.

I haven't tested that since I have custom shipping rules but I used to offer same deal a few years ago.

Plugin Contributions

We want to offer FREE shipping to APO/FPO addresses. I've defined a zone (APO/FPO) containing the following the APO codes (AF,AA,AC,AE,AM,AP) and related info. I would like all
    addresses that ship to there to offer free shipping...
    I can get the cart to show a different rate for the zone, but it's not free. The "Zone Rates" module - not sure how it works. HELP!!!

More info:
    If I select "United States" as the country, and Armed Forces Europe for the state, with a valid zip, I get back a standard USPS rate and a "Zone Rates (No shipping available to the selected country)" message.

If I select "Please Choose Your Country" as the country, and leave State/Province empty, and enter the Armed Forces Europe zip code, I get "Zone Rates (Shipping to (blank info(1 X 1.4 lbs())) $8.50 - even though I thought I set the weight to zero.

I'm really confused here as to how to set this up!
    Last edited by mumzie; 26 May 2011 at 12:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

sorry - in the above it shouldn't say "set weight to zero" - should say "set shipping rate to zero".

This situation is getting dire - we want to offer a sale to military personnel everywhere, but with free shipping to APO and FPO addresses - and have the sale run today or tomorrow through Memorial Day!!!

I've got the Zen-cart book - I'm still just not clear on how to set this up...

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=102405&page=3

Start with post 25 and see ajeh's replies.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I'm using USPS shipping, UPS shipping.
    And Free shipping module for orders over $125. Works great.
    I'm not able to figure out how to get the zones for APO/FPO to work as I've defined them.

Plugin Contributions

Default APO/FPO Free Shipping Configuration

I've defined my zone as APO/FPO, and included AF,AE,AA,AC,AM, and AP in that definition.
    I've ATTEMPTED to set up free shipping for those addresses by putting those codes in "zone 1", and setting the table value to price, 10000:0 to enable free shipping for orders below $10K to military APO and FPO addresses.
    I do NOT know what I'm doing wrong, but I've yet to get the correct result.
    I've read the tutorials. I've poured through the applicable threads on here for 2 days. I've got the book.
    Would someone take pity on me and go through the steps to set up free military overseas shipping? That's all I want to do - but I need to do it right away.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Ah - 1.3.9h, with Free shipping options (free over $125), UPS, and USPS enabled.

Plugin Contributions

Moderator's note - new thread post merged here. Please do not start new threads for the same issue.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.